File manger for v1.0.6? extplorer?

• Hi all ....

I need a decent file manger for OMV .... google says extplorer but it's not available on my plugins page. Anyone knows if this works/will-work with 1.0.6?

Cheers!

• If the plugin is not available, you can always setup it as a website using openmediavault-ngnix plugin. Extplorer is nice and simple but it has a known HTTPS issue. Pydio is more sophisticated but more stable as well.

The question is: what do you need it for? maybe, FTP/SFTP would be a better option?

OMV 1.0, Pentium G2120 3.1 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, SnapRAID+aufs 3x4Tb Ext4 + 1x1Tb Ext4, boot ssd 32Gb ADATA

• Well mostly it's for moving files around within the server without them having to move via the client machine. I guess I could use an ftp client.... I'll look into that and pydio.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I started work on the extplorer but ran into an nginx config issue. I will look at it again.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-extplorer 1.0.1 is in kralizec-testing. It is dependend on OMV 1.0.7 though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

minidlna is in the kralizec-testing repo.
    webdav can be mostly setup using the openmediavault-nginx plugin (I'll ask subzero to post instructions for that).

• My config for WebDAV with the Nginx plugin looks like this:
    Directory: some directory
    Use root: true
    Use index: false
    Extra options:

Code
    client_body_temp_path /tmp/webdav-client-tmp 1 2;
    create_full_put_path on;
    client_max_body_size 2g;

dav_access user:rw group:rw all:r;
    dav_methods PUT DELETE MKCOL COPY MOVE;
    dav_ext_methods PROPFIND OPTIONS;

This config doesn't have any authentication yet though. Still trying to figure out why it doesn't work :)

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

openmediavault-extplorer 1.0.1 is in kralizec-testing. It is dependend on OMV 1.0.7 though.

right ... so i would have to update to 1.0.7 ... stable? also - why doesn't it show up in update manager on 1.0.6 - or is that not how it's done ?

• It's a pre-release update, which means it is for testing purposes only. This means you should only install it if you know what you do and be aware that thos pre-release updates could screw with your WebGUI functionality. They will never harm your data in any way!

So in order to use the plugin, you have to enable the pre-release updates. But, deactivate them after you updated, as they will be used extensively from now on.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.7 has been moved to the stable repo. Just click Check in the updates tab.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

updated to 1.0.7 ... thanks :) .... erm - how to i enable kralizec-testing? it's not on omv-extras.

EDIT - found it ... guess was blind for a while !!

• So ... i installed the extplorer plugin ... but i'm somewhat confused by what's going on with the users.

The plugin created an extplorer user ... which i would assume is the one I have to use for extplorer - but I didn't manage to login with this user even after I changed the password.

The only user I can use to logon is the admin user BUT it doesn't seem to be the same admin user as the OMV one as it still uses the default openmediavault password - plus it doesn't look like i can change it! Also - logging in with this user displays the content of the system drive too ... ideally i'd only see my shares. Any help please ... i don't mind doing things from cli.

Cheers!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "sniperzoz"

The plugin created an extplorer user

The php pages in extplorer run as this user. This was done for permission reasons so you cannot delete system files in extplorer. You do not login as this user. extplorer is a separate program from OMV and does not use its users (admin, etc) even though they may have the same name.

Zitat von "sniperzoz"

The only user I can use to logon is the admin user BUT it doesn't seem to be the same admin user as the OMV one as it still uses the default openmediavault password - plus it doesn't look like i can change it!

There is an Admin button next to the logout button in the toolbar that lets you add users and change the passwords.

Zitat von "sniperzoz"

Also - logging in with this user displays the content of the system drive too ... ideally i'd only see my shares.

While it shows them, you can't delete them or view files with certain privileges. There is no what that I know to only show shares.

• Thank you for the clarifications .... pity re. not being able to only view OMV shares ... but fair fair enough since it wasn't created with OMV in mind ....

I still didn't manage to change the password for admin thou' ... it just says 'changing password failed'.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I need to figure out if it is secure but for now, try:

chown extplorer:openmediavault /usr/share/extplorer/config/.htusers.php

And I was wrong about just showing the shares. You can set the root directory when you create an additional user. So you could set the new user to only see the /media/ directory. Admin will always be able to see all directories.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!