Virtualbox on OMV Kralizey

• Hi to all,

i am new and have a few questions. Since 2 Weeks i had OMV 0.5 with VBox running. Now i made a new installation (netinstall debian wheezy) and on Top Kralizec 1.x with addons. But I cant install virtualbox any more. Does anybody know what i am doing wrong? Thanks for help (must get my VDR Working cause tha Family cant´t TV :oops: ).

Code
    Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
     openmediavault-virtualbox : Hängt ab von: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) aber 1.0.6 soll installiert werden
    E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• ohoh... there are more errors:

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-anacron 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-anacron : Depends: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) but 1.0.6 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-anacron 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-anacron : Depends: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) but 1.0.6 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}

Code
    openmediavault-anacron : Depends: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) but 1.0.6 is to be installed

Can anybody tell me what i do wrong?
    Is it possible to downgrade to omv 1.0.6?

Many thanks, Jochen

Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• Ignore the error. It's just a temporay bug. If you want to get rid of it, enable OpenMediaVaults pre-release upgrades once, update to 1.0.7 and deactivate the pre-release upgrades again. This will resolve the error.

If you just want to install virtualbox, do it via cli.

Code
    apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David,

many thanks for the fast answer.
    That was exactly what i did. On the CLI i have the descibed errors.

Jochen

• This is only needed once! Don't use the pre-release repos after 1.0.7 UNLESS its a testing system!!!!

In update manager enable the pre-released repo. Then:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

You need to get openmediavault version 1.0.7 installed and then openmediavault-virtualbox should install.

• Hi,

thanks. My fault: Must unsinstall omv-extras. Then the hints from David an you. Then again install omv-extras.
    Looks good now.

Jochen

• sorry again. Machines are running and they are can started and stoped in OMV.
    But phpVirtualbox doesent loads.
    I found the installation in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox. But there are no Logs?
    Can you help again? sorry!

Jochen

• Hi,

sadly this does not help. Also a reboot. Any hint?

Jochen

• Hm.. Try running apt-get purge openmediavault-virtualbox to purge it and then install it.

I'm looking through the code to see if I can find something.

• o.k. Must do this tomorrow. But then my running machines will be killed?
    Tanks for the help!

Jochen

• What kind of error?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi,

same here like alexion´s screenshot. With Firefox and Chrome.

Greetings, Jochen

• That's correct. Let's see if there's something to be found in the logs..

Code
    cat /home/vbox/.config/VirtualBox/VBoxSVC.log
    cat /home/vbox/.config/VirtualBox/vboxwebsrv.log
    cat /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_access.log
    cat /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

Also, since the vbox user password is stored in the file you checked before, try and see if you find out if it's the correct password. The user is vbox.

• and repeated many times to

Code
    00:25:49.338053 SQPmp    Request 153 on socket 10 queued for processing (1 items on Q)
    00:25:49.338089 SQW01    Processing connection from IP=127.0.0.1 socket=10 (0 out of 1 threads idle)

only the last activity

only the last activity

Code
    root@hypervnas:~# cat /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log
    2014/07/29 14:10:26 [crit] 3263#0: *517 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:10.0.0.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET /virtualbox/js/language.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock:", host: "10.0.0.9", referrer: "http://10.0.0.9/virtualbox/"
    2014/07/29 14:10:26 [crit] 3263#0: *552 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:10.0.0.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET /virtualbox/js/phptest.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock:", host: "10.0.0.9", referrer: "http://10.0.0.9/virtualbox/"
    2014/07/29 14:10:26 [crit] 3263#0: *517 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:10.0.0.4, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET /virtualbox/js/phptest.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-virtualbox.sock:", host: "10.0.0.9", referrer: "http://10.0.0.9/virtualbox/"

What is the password must be correct? VBox user is automatically created when you install the plug-in. VBox password stored in /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox?

• Hm.. the fpm socket isn't running. I wonder why.

Code
    cat /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-virtualbox.conf

If that doesn't output anything, run:

Code
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5fpm
    service nginx reload
    service php5-fpm reload

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!