FTP Share for Webcam (Wansview)

• FTP Share for Webcam (Wansview)

Hi,

in the past i had a Raspberyy with ProFTPd, my Webcam has pushed the images to this server without Problems.
      But now with OMV it doesent works. I had always this error from the IP Cam:
      Test......Failed.
      An unknown error

When i go from a other Server per FTP on this share it works:

Source Code

1. ftp> open nasduck
      2. Connected to nasduck.fritz.box.
      3. 220 ProFTPD 1.3.4a Server (NASDuck) [::ffff:192.168.178.10]
      4. Name (nasduck:root): dashui
      5. 331 Password required for dashui
      6. Password:
      7. 230-Welcome user dashui@192.168.178.24 to 127.0.1.1 FTP server.
      8. 230-The local time is: Wed Jul 30 11:17:09 2014
      9. 230 User dashui logged in
      10. Remote system type is UNIX.
      11. Using binary mode to transfer files.
      12. ftp> pwd
      13. 257 "/" is the current directory
      14. ftp> ls
      15. 200 PORT command successful
      16. 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
      17. drwxrwsrwx 2 0 users 4096 Jul 18 19:04 IP-CAM
      18. 226 Transfer complete
      19. ftp>
      Display All

What can i do wrong? I think it has to do with the Path, but i has hours of trail and error spended without any Succes.
      Thanks for help.

Jochen
      Files
      • Unbenannt.JPG

(59.96 kB, downloaded 879 times, last: )
      omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
      Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
      HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP
    • Re: FTP Share for Webcam (Wansview)

Has nobody any hint?

Jochen
      Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
      HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

"/IP-CAM", you sure thats correct and not like "IP-CAM" or "IP-CAM/"?

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

Hi,
      i has had tryed all this Variants. Nothing Works. Must have to do with the Config of ProFTPd. With ProFTPd on the Raspi was there no Problem. The Path worked with this "./". But this works not in OMV. Hints?

Jochen

Did you check username and password? What happens (what error is shown) if you type in a wrong username/password?

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

funny, that you blackend the IP and user information in the screenshot, but left all open in the log.

However, is it all the same user?
      Second: the directory has two issues:

1. a dash in a filename is dangerous in Unix systems as it is used as commandline option parameter and you have to mask it for proper operation. It can lead to unwanted results or errors, depending on the implementation of the client side (your IP-CAM). You may want to rename this to IPCAM or IP_CAM or something like that.
      2. the directory has issues with the user credentials. it does not belong to any user? ??? So it should belong to the user dashui or you need to make sure, that dashui can access that directory.

Hope that helps to find the issue
      Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

@davidh2k
      When I use worng username/password then i have the answer

Source Code

1. Test......Failed. Incorrect user or password
      Thats not the reason for my error.
      @SerErris
      your are right, what the heck...
      But back to the facts.
      it is allways the same username. I tested it with your hint because "IP-CAM" with "IPCAM". But the same error.
      Again when i login for CLI it works, it is the damned China CAM. But it has had worked with the RasPI ProFTPd.
      I try it with the saved /etc/proftpd config.

Jochen

Hi,

yes, this works. In the logs i found nothing. Maybe ich should setz the Loglevel to debug?

Jochen
    • Hi,

finaly i got it. This damned CAM does not like to be greeted by the welcome.msg.
      If this file is empty it works 8| .

I have testet in OMV Admin FTP Settings to insert a white space, but this does not work. Kann anybody tell me where ist the template for the welcome.msg? Now all the time i save the OMV Config, the Messafe in the /srv/ftp/welcome.msg new appears.

Thanks, Jochen
    • Any change you make will be overwritten by OMV upgrades. I would file a request here to allow no message or disable it completely. I looked at the code in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/proftpd and it would be easy to implement.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks for your answers. I had openened an Ticket.
      I have modified the Template so i Dont had to think about the Message File. Only when a update comes, i had to modify the template again.

Source Code

1. # Create welcome message file
      2. displaylogin=$(omv_config_get "//services/ftp/displaylogin")
      3. if [ -z "${displaylogin}" ]; then
      4. cat <<EOF > ${OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN}
      5. EOF
      6. else
      7. echo ${displaylogin} > ${OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN}
      8. fi