FTP Share for Webcam (Wansview)

• Hi,

in the past i had a Raspberyy with ProFTPd, my Webcam has pushed the images to this server without Problems.
    But now with OMV it doesent works. I had always this error from the IP Cam:

Zitat

Test......Failed.
    An unknown error

When i go from a other Server per FTP on this share it works:

What can i do wrong? I think it has to do with the Path, but i has hours of trail and error spended without any Succes.
    Thanks for help.

Jochen

Bilder

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• Has nobody any hint?

Jochen

Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• "/IP-CAM", you sure thats correct and not like "IP-CAM" or "IP-CAM/"?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi,
    i has had tryed all this Variants. Nothing Works. Must have to do with the Config of ProFTPd. With ProFTPd on the Raspi was there no Problem. The Path worked with this "./". But this works not in OMV. Hints?

Jochen

• Did you check username and password? What happens (what error is shown) if you type in a wrong username/password?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• funny, that you blackend the IP and user information in the screenshot, but left all open in the log.

However, is it all the same user?
    Second: the directory has two issues:

1. a dash in a filename is dangerous in Unix systems as it is used as commandline option parameter and you have to mask it for proper operation. It can lead to unwanted results or errors, depending on the implementation of the client side (your IP-CAM). You may want to rename this to IPCAM or IP_CAM or something like that.
    2. the directory has issues with the user credentials. it does not belong to any user? ??? So it should belong to the user dashui or you need to make sure, that dashui can access that directory.

Hope that helps to find the issue

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• davidh2k
    When I use worng username/password then i have the answer

Code
    Test......Failed. Incorrect user or password

Thats not the reason for my error.
    SerErris
    your are right, what the heck...
    But back to the facts.
    it is allways the same username. I tested it with your hint because "IP-CAM" with "IPCAM". But the same error.
    Again when i login for CLI it works, it is the damned China CAM. But it has had worked with the RasPI ProFTPd.
    I try it with the saved /etc/proftpd config.

Jochen

• can you login with the user and do a cd /IPCAM ?

try that. If this works I have no clue what the cam is doing different and you may want to look at the logs of the ftp daemon to see if it puts out an error or not.

• Hi,

yes, this works. In the logs i found nothing. Maybe ich should setz the Loglevel to debug?

Jochen

• yes, that will be helpful.
    Esp the question if there is a connection try at all? So if not, something else is wrong and the cam is never accessing the server?

• Hi,

finaly i got it. This damned CAM does not like to be greeted by the welcome.msg.
    If this file is empty it works 8| .

I have testet in OMV Admin FTP Settings to insert a white space, but this does not work. Kann anybody tell me where ist the template for the welcome.msg? Now all the time i save the OMV Config, the Messafe in the /srv/ftp/welcome.msg new appears.

Thanks, Jochen

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any change you make will be overwritten by OMV upgrades. I would file a request here to allow no message or disable it completely. I looked at the code in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/proftpd and it would be easy to implement.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your answers. I had openened an Ticket.
    I have modified the Template so i Dont had to think about the Message File. Only when a update comes, i had to modify the template again.

Code
    # Create welcome message file
    displaylogin=$(omv_config_get "//services/ftp/displaylogin")
    if [ -z "${displaylogin}" ]; then
        cat <<EOF > ${OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN}
    EOF
    else
        echo ${displaylogin} > ${OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN}
    fi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!