setproctitle vs cli_set_process_title

• hi,

playing with omv (openmediavault 1.0.8 ,openmediavault-keyring 0.2,openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.0.2) i ve tested with almost all options on and it leads me to have a php5 5.5.15-1~dotdeb.1.
    everything was fine until a reboot where openmediavault-engined wont start.

/etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined restart
    Restarting OpenMediaVault engine daemon: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function setproctitle() in /usr/sbin/omv-engined on line 290

replacing setproctitle with cli_set_process_title as it is mentioned in http://php.net//manual/fr/function.setproctitle.php works for me. But it if or php >=5.5 ...

so perhaps :
    if (strnatcmp(phpversion(),'5.5.0') >= 0)
    {
    cli_set_process_title($cmdName);
    }
    else
    {
    setproctitle($cmdName);
    }
    is a better solution ?

hope this helps :?:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker found this a couple of days ago - read.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No problem. Just letting you know what he found too :) He must have found it when experimenting with Debian Jessie.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• No, I actually bugged him with an issue and the solution. He fixed it anyway and we shall not disturb him anymore with such things! :)

Anyway. The real problem here was that you didn't compile php5-proctitle for 5.5 and not linking it in to CLI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I should've known :lol:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "subzeroin"

No, I actually bugged him with an issue and the solution. He fixed it anyway and we shall not disturb him anymore with such things! :)
    Anyway. The real problem here was that you didn't compile php5-proctitle for 5.5 and not linking it in to CLI.

I did not say that exactly :roll: I said that we need to define a software base OMV is based on, and this is Debian Wheezy. Every other package version might cause problems which has happend here. Because of this every package which requires PHP is tested and evaluated with 5.4.4 in Debian Wheezy, same to the OMV packages. We can not implement workarounds for every software version that might be used for installation, this is too much work and does not help finally. Using other package versions as shipped with Debian Wheezy or the version OMV is based on is the risk of the user. OMV has chosen Debian as software base because of this reason: each release is based on an exactly defined software base. This helps to reduce maintenance and problems.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "votdev"

I did not say that exactly :roll: I said that we need to define a software base OMV is based on, and this is Debian Wheezy. Every other package version might cause problems which has happend here. Because of this every package which requires PHP is tested and evaluated with 5.4.4 in Debian Wheezy, same to the OMV packages. We can not implement workarounds for every software version that might be used for installation, this is too much work and does not help finally. Using other package versions as shipped with Debian Wheezy or the version OMV is based on is the risk of the user. OMV has chosen Debian as software base because of this reason: each release is based on an exactly defined software base. This helps to reduce maintenance and problems.

I know we've discussed this in the past, but this is another reason why I think the version of OMV needs to be brought in line to reflect the version of Debian it is based on (Similar to how FreeNas changed its version numbers to reflect what version of BSD it was based on, when iX took over). To me, it makes the most sense for OMV versions to be 7.xx with 7 being the version of Debian it is based on, and .xx being the actual version of OMV. When you upgrade to Jessie.. you start over at 8. Calling OMV "1.0" leaves a lot of ambiguity, IMO.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!