Box.com WebDAV mounting

• Hi,
    I'm trying to get my 50gb Box.com account mounted so that I can rsync a bunch of directories over to it for backups.

I've followed instructions on how to do it on a few websites, including http://xmodulo.com/2013/02/how…oud-storage-on-linux.html
    but when it comes to mounting the drive using the mount command when using a secrets file to store the credentials, it doesn't work.. it throws up an error
    /sbin/mount.davfs:/etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf:35: unknown option

If i hash out the secrets line in the davfs2.conf file and try to mount it, it prompts for username and password, then works fine.

Seeings as I want to have it mounted when the server boots so that the rsync scripts can run automatically, that isn't going to work.

Does anyone have any ideas please? I'm at a loss, theres nothing really documented on the internet that I can see that relates davfs2 to unknown option and secrets.
    Has anyone got this or a similar webdav mount working? If so what steps did you do differently from the link above? Are there any special things to take into account when doing this on OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try the openmediavault-remoteshare plugin? It allows you to mount webdav shares for use in the omv web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• just this second installed it (apt-get install openmediavault-remoteshare . Didnt see it at all in the webgui list of plugins!?)
    only options i have (tabs at the top) are NFS and SAMBA. Confused

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-remoteshare/openmediavault-remoteshare_0.6.4_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-remoteshare_0.6.4_all.deb

Might need: apt-get -f install after dpkg command.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• thanks, thats added it, but it was throwing up errors pushing the config to it. don't know if it got confused because i installed whatever version it was i had installed via normal apt-get install openmediavault-remoteshare

• Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': /sbin/mount.davfs:/etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf:35: unknown option
    Error #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': /sbin/mount.davfs:/etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf:35: unknown option' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/remoteshare.inc:41 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(178): OMVModuleRemoteShare->applyConfig() #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #8 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, I didn't write this part of the plugin. eckhbeck did. I don't have a way to test. Did you add options to the extras options box? It is possible that it only works on omv 0.6/1.0.

• Seems to be a bad option in the config. Can you post the config file /etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf, please?

AFAIK everything should work with 0.5 as well ...

To be sure what versions you are using: can you let me know which version of OMV you are using?

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• ok so i got it working (removed everything and reinstalled it) in the end last night.

Trouble is, it was only allowing me to access it read-only. Trying to change the ACL in the shares page throws up errors.

now just trying to access the mount again and its freezing up when trying to access it via ssh and samba.

• Hi,

I´m also trying to get box.com working using the remoteshare-plugin. But when I apply the configuration I get the following errror:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': ntfs-3g: Failed to access volume '/dev/disk/by-uuid/9264EA5F64EA4617': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden ntfs-3g 2012.1.15AR.5 external FUSE 29 - Third Generation NTFS Driver Configuration type 7, XATTRS are on, POSIX ACLS are on Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Yura Pakhuchiy Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Szabolcs Szakacsits Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Jean-Pierre Andre Copyright (C) 2009 Erik Larsson Usage: ntfs-3g [-o option[,...]] Options: ro (read-only mount), remove_hiberfile, uid=, gid=, umask=, fmask=, dmask=, streams_interface=. Please see the details in the manual (type: man ntfs-3g). Example: ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows News, support and information: http://tuxera.com /sbin/mount.davfs: das Einhängen schlug fehl; 403 Unauthorized Use SSL

These are my settings:

Can anyone help me with that? :)

• I have a similar problem, i.e. mounted a Box.com account as a webdav share via the remote shares plugin and now -
    * copy large files, I have tried with 5MB photo files, from remote share to local share works with decent speed
    * create catalogues and copy really small files (few hundred bytes) from local share to the remote Box share works
    * copy large files from a local share to the remote Box share doesn't work (same files that worked in the other direction),
    an empty file is created on the remote share but cp then terminates with an "failed to extend" error.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any intrinsic problems with webdav towards Box, when using the same Box account via
    webdav from the cyberduck mac client I get very good upload speeds with large files.

I tried to fiddle with some of the parameters in the remote shares plugin, problem is that the only thing that sticks is
    the "use locks" parameter, everything else just reverts to default after using save & apply.

• I investigated this a bit more and got uploads of big files to work too by adjusting the parameter buf_size from the
    default 16 kB to 256 kB. This should really only have an impact on performance but it is probably an issue with
    fuse that makes it fail completely under some circumstances if the buffer is too small.
    This parameter isn't available in the plugin (which anyhow doesn't work as expected when changing values), but
    can be adjusted in /etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf. Another parameter in this file that most users probably want to
    adjust is cache_dir that defaults to /var/cache/davfs2 which means that basically everything written to the
    webdav server first is written to the system disk, which probably isn't what you want.
    davfs reads the conf file when it is mounted so use umount https://dav.box.com/dav and then mount https://dav.box.com/dav
    after changing the conf.
    For now it is probably more convenient to disable the remote shares plugin and instead just make appropriate changes
    in the conf file and add an entry for the remote file system in /etc/fstab.

• Hi @perls,

I read you comments about the "non-savable" davfs options in the plugin yesterday and had a look today. I think I have fixed the problem and I also added the buf_size parameter to the options in the plugin.
    I'm not sure though if I get you comment about option cache_dir correctly. Do you mean that it would be preferable to move the cache to a data disk or to not cache at all? (don't know at the moment if that would even be possible)
    Can you please explain that a bit more?

Regards,
    SlashOpt

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Hi, sounds great, thanks! I will try it when you have the update published.
    I think it is best to have also the cache_dir parameter as a user configurable option, you could still
    keep the default to /var/cache/davfs2 but in my case that resides on an an usb stick, albeit a good
    one, but still not well suited for heavy writing of large volumes of data. Also, although there is a parameter
    for cache_size, the man page states that:
    "mount.davfs will always take enough space to cache open files, ignoring this value if necessary."
    In practice it got well over a gig when I uploaded a large photo album!

So it is necessary to have a cache dir but I haven't actually tried to put the cache on a data drive,
    but I guess it would involve to just specify the path to a directory on one of the volumes under /media/...

Best regards /P

• Hi @perls,

FYI: Aaron released a new version of the remoteshare plugin and saving davfs options should be fixed (at least it's on my system). As written before the buf_size option is also added as an option. I still plan to add the possibility to change the cache_dir but it is not yet added so you need to change /etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf manually to change the option. At least it should not be overwritten when changing other options.

E

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!