Debian Wheezy with OMV Kralizec repository

• Hello,

I plan to install OpenMediaVault on a the Intel Bay Trail platform.
    To support newer hardware I assume it is better to use a more recent Debian version. As OMV 0.5 is still based on Debian Squeeze and it looks like the next version Kralizec is near, I think about using a minimal Debian Wheezy installation with the packages from the Kralizec apt repository.

My two main questions about this procedure are:
    1) Should I prefer to use Kralizec over Sardaukar at this stage of development or is it recommended to use the current OMV 0.5 and update OMV and Debian later?
    2) What are the difference between an OMV installation installed by the OMV installer and a manual installation of the OMV packages on a Debian system? What are the thinks that would not be integrated so well within a manual installation compared to an OMV installation?

Regards,
    Christian

• 1) Its fine to use Kralizec for this brand new hardware.
    2) There basicly is nothing different.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• 2) The only difference may be, that OMV debian installation is as small as possible, vs debian base install haveing more packages. But that is also not really an issue.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• You can deselect every package-'package' on installation.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!