Network Bonding question

• Simple question, and I am sure I know the answer but just need to confirm.

In order to setup an actual network bonding, I need 3 interfaces correct? Two to be bonded and one that acts as the "main" adapter for other things? Just curious because right now my current rig has two NICs, but it appears that if I want to run a bond I will need to add a 3rd which means I will need to order one here soon.

• No. You can bond two interfaces together. No need for a third adapter.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• No you do NOT need 3 interfaces. You need only two.

Find a howto here:
    https://wiki.debian.org/Bonding

But you need to unconfigure your first network before beeing able to configure a bondet network.
    However, if you login via console, you can remove the first interface as described in the howto. I am not sure how to implement that into OMV afterwards but that is the generic way of building a bonded interface.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!