Missing Disk

• Setup a new build of OMV due to issues with the gui. Disconnected all drives apart from the installation disk, reinstalled OMV, put back in disks and rebooted. Everything seemed to work fine, reconfigured everything and left it over night.

Came to it this morning and one of the disks is not showing up in OMV (under "Physical Disks"), in the Filesystems tab the file system is there but it says 'missing'. If login in through ssh and goto the mount its partially there. I can create files / directories on the disks without issues.

Not sure what other information to provide, anyone know where I could start to debug this?

• If you write to the mount point without a mounted disk you write to your OS Disk. So that info is irrelevant.

Post the output of:

Code
    cat /etc/fstab
    blkid
    df -h

Oh and while you're at it, check your cable connections too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

I hadn't realised that if you write to a mount point without the disk it writes to the OS disk. What confused me further is that some of the directories were there. What had happened though was that SAB had written to that disk on boot creating the files and directories. So I thought the disk must still be partially there, especially as it was there the previous night and the machine hadn't rebooted.

I took the machine to pieces and resat all the SATA cables, rebooted and it came back up with the missing disk. Most of the contents on the disk can be thrown away, one script however I didn't have back up of (yes I know stupid) and it took hours & hours of messing about with which I didn't fancy repeating.

So thank you again and I learnt something new :) I have a separate issue now around CUPs but I'll raise a second thread rather than derail this one.

• You're welcome. ;)

Glad I could help you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!