OMV dropping connection

• Hi, Maybe someone has seen this before.

I'm running OMV on an HP 47x Mediasmart Server. Works great! I'm moving my data across to it but have been getting a strange problem. After copying a few files it seem to just drop the Ethernet connection. The machine still seems to be working just no connection. Any thoughts on where I should start looking?

• Cables, Routers/Switches, NICs, syslog on your NAS.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• A backport is a something new that is ported back to an older system.

In this example, the kernel has been backported from a newer Debian release to the old Squeeze release.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Thanks guys. Since I changed to the backports kernel I'm getting a problem with my virtual machine...

Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:210
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(191): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Can this be sorted or should I revert?

• You need to recompile the virtualbox module for your kernel. Normally this is done automatically... There should be an option like "Fix module for 3.xx kernel".

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Correct that's what I did. I noticed today from the office that I can't get to the server. I can get to my router fine but OMV is offline again but I can see the other devices on the home network. I'll have to restart it when I get home.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Correct that's what I did. I noticed today from the office that I can't get to the server. I can get to my router fine but OMV is offline again but I can see the other devices on the home network. I'll have to restart it when I get home.

Well, it sounds like you've ruled out the router.

That means either it's the NIC is not working properly (or there's a driver issue as you originally suspected) or the cable from the router to the NIC is bad. I guess there's a distant possibility that particular port on the router is bad (I personally have never had that happen)

• I'm beginning to suspect the box itself. I have a screenshot that I captured today after I rebooted and it its showing that the box wasn't recording anything but strange enough when I hit the power switch it went down gracefully i.e. it didn't just shut down, the drives were working and then it shutdown. Please note that the box is headless..

• Look at /var/log/syslog... and kern.log and see if you find some errors or post the logs here.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!