Physical disk listed. No devices shown in RAID setup

• This is a brand spankin new OMV system. Just got the drives and have been testing.
    Yesterday, I had built a RAID1 and creating the partition. It was clean and running.

Later on, I pulled the drives out to check the BIOS and run WDIDDLE3. Finished that up and reinstalled the drives. Powered the system back up and now the RAID1 is gone. No sign on it.
    So, I see the physical disks listed and go to recreate the RAID1 setup. But, there's no devices listed for me to choose from.

Am I doing something wrong here?

OMV 2.2.13 (Stone burner) Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 omvextrasorg 1.34
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock C2550D4I , CPU: INTEL Atom Quad Core 2.40 Ghz , DDR3:Crucial 4GB (1x CT51272BD160B) , OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3 UGT-PC312 PCI-e

• Did a wipe on both disk. Now they show up when I go to create the RAID..... :roll:
    This isn't giving me a warm fuzzy so far.

OMV 2.2.13 (Stone burner) Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 omvextrasorg 1.34
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock C2550D4I , CPU: INTEL Atom Quad Core 2.40 Ghz , DDR3:Crucial 4GB (1x CT51272BD160B) , OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3 UGT-PC312 PCI-e

• yes, something is wrong, they should be recognized by OMV. But now it is to late to analyze. You simply recreated it, however - that works for now.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• I'm having the same issue. My drives are listed under physical drives but when I try and setup raid no drives are listed... I've tried wiping them but it hasn't helped, any suggestions??

• I hope there were no data on those drives, cause if so - you now deleted the required information to access them.

If you simply want to create a fresh raid array, you need to wipe them.

like in

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdx size=512 count=2048

That will wipe all information from the first 1MB of your disks and should enable you to use it for a new raid.

But you never should do that with data on those disks you still want to use!

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!