OMV not recognising 2TB drive

• Noobie at the wheel!
    I'm trying to shortcut the process of migrating my data to OMV but it does not seem to recognize the 2TB drive with the data on it. Or could it be that OMV does not like NTFS formatted disks? :?:

• Post a screenshot of the Filesystem and physical device tab.

Also post the output of

Code
    blkid

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Here's the blkid:

Last login: Fri Aug 8 18:49:17 2014 from kidagasrvr.bb.flow.cc
    root@homesrvr:~# blkid
    /dev/sda5: UUID="e3faeceb-47d1-41d6-8f8a-817861d13f89" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="8b00e71e-4ce6-469e-8bb8-8fdd8be17a73" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda6: UUID="f3b0e853-75b0-4025-8430-b909ebf6b29a" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda7: UUID="4eb79ef9-f7d5-4151-95fe-ef09dd9d5499" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="1ff91435-001e-4456-9597-5b9e2af1c226" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdc1: LABEL="750GBDrive" UUID="23cd13cc-4c7f-4cc5-8c81-d0241b699b06" TYPE="
    ext4"
    root@homesrvr:~#

• Are you sure its attached correctly? Doesn't look like your system is detecting it, at least not filesystem.

It should detect NTFS just fine.

Maybe check if it finds your device at all via

Code
    ls -la /dev/sd*

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Nope. But if I put this drive back in the other server it's fine and if I put a different one into OMV its detected...
    Strange... Both boxes are identical except for the drives. The other box has 3 X 2TB and a 1TB drive where WHS resides.

• If I put a different drive there it works. If I put the 2TB somewhere else that doesn't but another drive will work there. That same 2 TB drive (as stated earlier) works in other equipment so I'm left with OMV.... It'll take some work and time but I'll move the data off one of the 2TB drives that do not want to work reformat as EXt4 and see if that works.

• Is there a way to move the system disk from this unit to another with identical hardware? The 2TB drives are working over there. The only difference would be the MAC of the NIC that I can think of.

• Should be fine. Delete /etc/udev/rule/70....networkblab before you shutdown your NAS and transfer the OS drive. This will prevent network problems.

Greetings
    David

• I don't see that directory. This is what I've got.

root@homesrvr:/etc/udev# ls -al
    total 32
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Aug 1 21:40 .
    drwxr-xr-x 114 root root 12288 Aug 12 18:41 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 28 2013 .dev
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 281 Apr 28 2013 links.conf
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 3 10:53 rules.d
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 322 Apr 28 2013 udev.conf
    root@homesrvr:/etc/udev#

• That didn't work but I noticed that the 70 file was rebuilt with the new address. Could it have something to do with the virtual machine that I have starting automatically? Should I switch it back to manual in the stopped state and then try it? I'g guessing that somehow it may be trying to link to the mac that no longer exit in the new machine?

• Why should a Virtual Machine interfere in any way with your hard drive(s)?

Greetings
    David

• Sorry in hindsight I was as clear as mud. I could not connect to OMV after I moved the drive over to the other machine. I could ping it and connect via SSH but that was all. No web interface. I was thinking that I still had the virtual machine starting at the time and that possibly it was interfering as it may still have the old mac and trying somehow to use the NIC. Since then I put the VM to manual, stopped it, and moved it over but that still did not fix it. I tried it back in the test rig machine after I removed the 70 file and it started right up and worked as normal. So that wasn't it either.

• Hook it up on the target PC (delete the rule before again ofc). Then get in touch with one of us Mods to take a look via Teamviewer (if thats okay for you) why your WebGUI isn't starting again.

Greetings
    David

• Answered to you via Conversation/PM.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!