Adding Window Manager on top of Wheezy/Kralizec

• Is it ok to install Gnome or another window manager on top of a Wheezy install with Kralizek?

Thanks.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150, Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core, Memory: G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333

• We won't hold you from dooing that. Tough it's not really recommended to do so.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hmmm. Think I'll skip that idea. Better safe and sorry...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150, Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core, Memory: G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333

• While OMV is working great as a Plex server and file server, my wife pointed out that it would be useful if she could run a web browser on it and use the attached monitor.

• The easiest way to have a desktop is install an iso from Wheezy, or Squeeze, that has the desktop you want included. Then install OMV on top. Trying to install a desktop post installation is difficult for the average user. There also can be Debian control file issues when doing so.

• Was about to make a new thread about that, when this thread showed up.. (Nice forum feauture...)

I see some ppl running vnc on their omw, with a desktop. And i wanna do the same. (Have a program that i want to run) Tried NX earlyer this evening, but could not get it to work properly.

So do we see a guide soon?

Theory:
    Install preferred desktop (Lightweight LXDE?)
    Install VNC
    Connect.
    Run program with dedicated user.

Am i missing anything?

• Am i missing anything?

Well, I don't think a Guide for something like that would be good. I would rather suggest you to use the x-forwarding Guide which already exists from tekkb.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!