Autosuspend mode, possible?

• Hi raven66.
    just to second the issue you mentioned. I have it also several times in the last months and unfortunately I have not managed it to find a solution for it. Hopefully someone has a good idea to solve the issue with the SMB residue.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi raven66.
    just to second the issue you mentioned. I have it also several times in the last months and unfortunately I have not managed it to find a solution for it. Hopefully someone has a good idea to solve the issue with the SMB residue.

Yup, the only workaround I found is to manually restart OMV.

Again, 10.10.57.6 is my OpenVPN connection to my home network.
    But even if I close OpenVPN completely and release all SMB shares, OMV still "sticks" to these offline connections and treat them as active.
    The same is, when I connect to SMB on my local machine, then poweroff that machine - it still remain "ghostly" active.

• So, is there a fix to patch that "ghost" connection?

PS. every socket works like that.
    I was connected through SSH on 22, then I quitted SSH session and even if, AutoShutDown plugin still was seeing this socket as occupied.

PPS.
    I've removed sockets 139 and 445 for Samba, leaving only HHD-io and UL/DL check.
    So if a client is connected to share and the threshold is minimal (like ~20kB maybe?) then even listing directories should generate some traffic which SHOULD let OMV works.
    Of course heavy traffic, like watching a movie will definitelly keep OMV alive.
    Then, I'm trying to figure it out, what combination of cycles/sleep is the most optimal to balance the ratio of being alive/sleeping server.
    Also, one can set up "forced uptime" clock, let's say to 8:00-22:00 to always keep OMV running at these ours.

These are only my mere thinkings, but I would gladly hear more opinions/comments.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!