Autosuspend mode, possible?

• The suspend is possible. And it does not matter if you leave the IP blank or not. A computer / server does not know when you need it by itself. It is the WOL Magic Packet what tells it to wake up. So if you do not want to sent this Packet manually and your devices do not support to send a WOL command when you start them (Chromecast for example) then it is not possible to wake the server up.

• So what I am trying to acomplish is impossible at the moment?

The ONLY way to make the NAS suspend is leaving the IP blank in the settings and the ONLY way to wake it is by manually sending WOL?

No. You still missunderstand the purpose of the IP check. You use it if you want to prevent a shutdown if a specific IP is reachable in the network. I.e. if your mediaplayer is "online" you don't want to shut the NAS down while it is still online, then you use the IP check.
    If you want to check wether or not a Device is connected to your NAS you MUST use the port check (or one of the other checks) instead!

If you want your NAS to be woken if when it is needed, you need to have support for that in your software. I.e. XBMC supports that, and my router supports that too, but only if there is a connection approah from the internet.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes, but all my devices are always reachable. I don't ever turn of my phone or ipad and the chromecast can't be turned of. In other words my devices will allways prevent my NAS from sleep, correct?

Port check, checks if a device is connected to a port. And if it is connected the NAS stays awake? Correct?

But the only way to wake it is by sending a magic paket, WOL? Correct?

• Yes.

Yes.

and Yes.

Send a Magic Packet could be done by several ways. I can imagine that there is at least one way which is easy enough.
    You also could buy a RaspberryPi, connect a USB Button which starts a script to wake up your NAS

• ATM I have a WOL widget on my phone. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

My router (Asus rt-n65u) supports WOL. But when at home a simple WOL phone app is much simpler.

However I still don't know how to manage this. As David says I have to have the IP checker, because if my media player (Plex) is running I don't want the NAS to go to sleep. But if I have the IP cheker then my NAS will not go to sleep ever, because my devices are always active. What is the solution to this?

• Disable the IP Check. Check for the Plex Port in the Port Checker.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I can't get this to work.

Isn't the port check doing exactly the same thing as the IP check? I mean if it finds active ports, it will prevent the NAS from sleep? And as I said earlier my devices are always active and so then the ports will always be active.

• Nope. The Plex Port is only active when content gets streamed. Ports generally are only working this way. The IP check only checks if there are clients in your network -NOT- if they are connected to your nas

• OK. I've tried and it doesn't work. I get this:

Active connection port 445(SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.1.167 (chromecast)

Active connection port 139(SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.1.1 (my router)

Active connection port 80(HTTP) from 192.168.1.111 (my laptop)

I have not ordered those to speak with my NAS. So there's something else going on?

• I have not ordered those to speak with my NAS. So there's something else going on?

Not really ;)

Is Chromecast using SMB?

Active connection port 80(HTTP) from 192.168.1.111 (my laptop)

You are connected to the OMV WebGUI obviously

• Active connection port 80(HTTP) from 192.168.1.111 (my laptop)

You probably have the WebGUI opened on your Laptop.

Active connection port 139(SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.1.1 (my router)

I had this problem with the router once too... wait for Solo0815 to answer on that.

Not sure about the chromecast and how it holds the connection alive...

Greetings
    David

• I have a fritz!box and for me it was 80 or 443 instead of smb from the router (was some time ago).

Greetings
    David

• Ofcourse port80 from laptop is the webgui.

My router is a Asus RT-N65U. I'm using the AiCloud, if thats causing it? With it I can wake my NAS from anywhere and brows it. My router can do VPN also, but I dont know how to set it up.

About the chromecast...you tell me.

• Ofcourse port80 from laptop is the webgui.

Yeah... and you don't think you should close the WebGUI if you check for active connections on that, in case you expect the system to shutdown?

About Chromecast:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Chrome…ting_a_video_file_from_a/

Above states that chromecast is unable to use samba...

Greetings
    David

• I always close the webgui when checking if shutdown works. I simply missread the log file.

About the chromecast...I dont know. What I do know is what the syslog in OMV says and it says that port 445(SMB/CIFS) IP 192.168.1.167 is active. And that IP is my ChromeCast.

• If the syslog says, than it is true ;)
    you can check yourself with "netstat -tulpen" on the CLI
    Do you have any other Apps for chromecast running? e.g. Localcast etc.

• I cannot set it up properly.
    All settings are rather correct, but Autoshutdown is not shutting down server.
    The problem is, that when desktop PC (Windows 10) connects to SMB share and then this PC is poweroff, there is a residue, which keeps OMV running.
    ASD is still "detecting" active socket, despite that IP is offline.

This is my log from ASD.
    INFO: ' _check_net_status(): Found active connection on port 445 (SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.1.6'

Problem is, that 192.168.1.6 is powered off at that time (Aug 20 08:22:55).

It is working only, when I manually restart OMV with no IP online.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!