Autosuspend mode, possible?

• Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie with Linux, debian, etc... I've just build myself a server and installed OMV with the plex plugin. Everything working fine.

My server can go on without being accessed for several days and in some cases weeks. So I would like a autosuspend mode, much like in Windows. So let's say that the server goes in suspend when being idle for 2h and when called upon it wakes up. And I'm talking about the whole system, not just the discs.

Is this possible and how would I be able to do this if possible? And remember, I'm a newbie. So a walkthrough at every step is helpful.

Thanks in advance

PS.I have tried a search for this, but not found any help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The autoshutdown plugin should do what you want.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plugin got a "fake mode". Set that mark and change the time to 10 seconds. Go to the autoshutdown log and see what it writes to the log. It does not shutdown / suspend your pc. The fake mode is for exactly what you want. Testing. ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The log probably wasn't create yet. Clear it first in the log viewer and then try again.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• the autoshutdown.log exists, but it doesn´t show anything. But the Systemlog shows that a couple of ip:s are active hosts. My phone, my chromecast and my laptop. But I haven´t tried to access OMV with neither of those devices. Hmmm, I don´t understand. I´ll try to run the autoshutdown without the test/fake and se what happens.

So, the autoshutdown log is still empty, all logs are in the syslog. And the system doesn´t go in suspend because a number of devices are active. But i´m not accessing my server with any of those devices. Even my wifes iPhone is listed as active host and she doesn´t have anything on my server.

• https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…DME/README_for_script#L31

Read above. TL;DR: The IP check, checks if these IPs are online, not connected to your NAS. If you only want to check for connections you have to use the portscanner instead.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Read the file, but I didn't understand what to do.

I ran the netstat line via SSH and it gave that a number of IP:s were active on a couple of ports. But I already knew that. The thing is, our phones are always active. But I don't access the NAS. How do I get the NAS to understand that even though these IP:s are active they don't necessarily access the NAS.

But I want the NAS to wake when I for example start PLEX on my phone or transmissionremote.

• As I said, the IP check checks wether or not those IPs are reachable for your NAS, not if they are connected. I.e. you don't want to shutdown your NAS when your media Player is active.
    If you just want to check for active connections you have to use the port check instead!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I'm sorry to say I don't understand a thing here. I realy feel stupid.

So I left the IP range blank in the Autoshutdown settings. And the NAS suspends. Thats great, BUT how to wake it? When I start my Plex on my phone it doesn't wake.

• If you have an Android or iPhone youcan install a app called "fing". This allows you to wake your NAS too.

Greetings
    David

• That I already knew.

But I was wondering if it possible to wake the nas with plex? And to not use a third party app. I mean that it's a step that complicates thinghs. I can manage it, but it has to be userfriendly, so that my wife can manage.

I was thinking if I find out which port plex, transmission and my SMB share uses and keep them open. Would that work?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!