WOL not working

• You got hosed.

Mine works without blinky blinky LEDs, while yours only works with them active? I think you're the one here who should think about his equipment not dooing it right. :P

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I was laughing today when I saw this new member's name. His forum name is "derBeisser" and he has picture of Jaws from the James Bond movies.

Jaws is called "Der Beisser" in the german syncro.
    And: did you enable the WOL-checkbox in the NIC-settings of the GUI?

• Jaws is called "Der Beisser" in the german syncro.
    And: did you enable the WOL-checkbox in the NIC-settings of the GUI?

Enable the WOL checkbox? what checkbox?

I ran the omv-firstaid and configured the NIC for WOL. Ethtool eth0 also shows Wake-on: g.
    I am not using a Fritzbox, I have a Telekom Speedport only for the internet access which connects to a tp-link wr1043nd running dd-wrt which then connects to Server, PC, TV, etc.
    I tried to wake the server using android apps, the WOL Magic Packet Sender (windows), and several online services. None work.

EDIT: You mean the OMV Gui in the network settings? Yes WOL is also enabled there.

• Go to system/network/interfaces. Then highlight you interface by clicking on it and then click on edit. Scroll to the bottom of the screen that pulls up. Put a check mark in Wake-on-LAN and then save.

• Go to system/network/interfaces. Then highlight you interface by clicking on it and then click on edit. Scroll to the bottom of the screen that pulls up. Put a check mark in Wake-on-LAN and then save.

I edited my previous post, that check mark is already set.

EDIT: I tested WOL with my PC running Windows 7 using the same network setup. Works fine. And yes, the LEDs lit up.

• Do you mean, your PC wakes up and your OMV-Server not (same Mainboard?)
    OR
    Your OMV-Server wakes up with a magic paket from a Win7 PC and not from Android App?

• Sorry I need to clarify this.

My seperate PC running Windows 7 can be woken up using magic packets. When the PC is off, the LEDs on the NIC are still lit.
    The Server on the other hand can not be woken up and the LEDs on the NIC are off as soon as the Server is shut down.

Therefore, it can not be a mistake in my networking setup. The BIOS is also not the Problem since it works for others running other OSes.
    It must be some misconfiguration on Debian. Maybe it doesnt like the e1000e?

Read somewhere that the package ACPI-SUPPORT could cause the NIC to get unresponsive...But that doesn't fix the problem either.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!