Raspberry Pi images

• Hello,

I'm trying to set up a RasPi with OpenMediaVault, but for some reasons, i don't manage to complete it.

I tried to set up myself, followed several manuals i found on the internet, but everytime, i get an unexpected error.

So, i downloaded the OMV RasPi images, but these are 8GB, while my SD card is only 4GB. I don't manage to shrink the image, although it's not used for 4GB.
    Does anybody has experience with this?
    Another question, which one should i take? the 1.x version or the 0.6 version?

already thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The newer image (1.x) is preferred. I didn't have a 4 gb card so that is why they are 8 gb. For what an 8 gb costs, I would just purchase one. I spent a lot of time removing packages to minimize the RPi image.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I need to order a some new sd cards. I killed the cheap ones I used creating the RPi images. I will make a new image and make it 4 gb.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uploading new 4gb image with a few fixes. Updated system and OMV to 1.0.9. The config file now specifies minimal video ram (16 mb) since OMV doesn't need video ram. I also disabled the collectd logging for drive space since it fills the logs quickly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is exactly what I did to create the new 4gb image.

• I tried the new image, but for some reason, it did not work.
    it started up as normally, but with nmap, i didn't found the address!

I bought a bigger card and now, the old image (1.0.7) is running...

many thanks...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!