[SOLVED] dnsmasq Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an alpha version but you need to know how to use dnsmasq. Use at your own risk. There is no instructions and I actually advise against using it. It hasn't been at the top of my priority list because I don't have a good way to test.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh Ok. I would like the box to act as a DNS/DHCP authority for my domain. Is there anything that you would suggest? Should I install the debian package then?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you understand the debian package, you will understand the plugin. The plugin just doesn't have any error checking.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Have you looked at adding dnsmasq to your router via openwrt or dd-wrt?

A NAS is a critical component of a network infrastructure which is hard to do correctly. Adding routing to the device adds complexity. One thought is to look at one's network as two separate components:

1. Router.
    2. Nas.

And divide the responsibility between the two devices.

Full disclosure, There are some definite gray areas. I am trying to figure out if I should run cups (shared printers) from the router or the nas.

• I have a Linksys ea6300 which I do not find in the DB and I'm hesitant to attempt running something else on it for fear of bricking it. I'm not happy that the Linksys is managing the network properly e.g. en I type a short name for a server in a browser it sends the request out on the internet which is not what I would expect and that's why I'm looking for another solution.

• Folks, does anyone have a solution for this error? When I try to enable DHCP I get this:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'dnsmasq' restart 2>&1': Restarting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: configuration syntax check failed!
    invoke-rc.d: initscript dnsmasq, action "restart" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:169
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(155): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('restart')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/dnsmasq.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->restart()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleDnsmasq->applyConfig()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin will work right if your configuration is right. There just isn't much error checking. If someone would submit bug reports to me, I would fix it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recommend setting up OMV in a virtual machine and only installing dnsmasq. Configure it and let me know what isn't working and the error messages. One it is working well, then you could install it on your main OMV box.

• Offizieller Beitrag

lol. Tell her it is important. That works with my wife. Ok, maybe not :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That was quick :) I actually need to install it and refresh my memory.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your VM using a static IP? The dropdown is populated with info from adapters with static IPs.

• Yes it is using a static IP. I've found the problem with it after reviewing the logs. It did not like the ntp server that I had in there. Once I removed ntp.pool.org it started right up. and from a look at the logs it seems to be working fine. I think that the log file should be accessible where all of the others are. That would have given a glue as it was complaining of rubbish and then gave the line number in the omv.conf file. If you need that help with making it better I'm game once I get home from the office.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The logging hasn't been updated for omv 1.0 changes. So, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you keep supplying errors, I will keep trying to fix :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Updated package that hopefully fixes logging here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!