BTSync Curl Error - can't see shares

• Hello hello. :) I thought I had my setup pretty much locked in, but now I am getting this error when I log in to the web interface:

I get it again when I try to look at the btsync shared folders in the gui -- which then shows a big blank.

I have also found that OMV has slowed to a crawl (100% CPU and 60-90% ram constantly)with TOP in the terminal telling me that the cpu is split between OMV and btsync, and btsync has some 60% of the ram all on its own.

I managed to get things somewhat operable when I stopped the btsync service, but then OMV jumped in and hogged all resources and wouldn't let go until I restarted the OMV service. I reinstalled omv-btsync, restarted the GUI, and immediately got the CURL error again.

I was thinking there was some relation here with the file transfer process hogging resources, as I had heard that btsync does that and I am running an arm system, however, it was running fine for a good few hours before the lag hit.

Any ideas?

EDIT: btsync-daemon is currently running at an average 0f 91% cpu and there are no active transfers. It could be indexing, I suppose, but nothing is transferring from my other machine.

Seagate GoFlex Home running Debian Wheezy w/ 3.15kernel | Openmediavault Kralizec | Playing with ownCloud 7 and avoiding mySQL 5.5 like the bloody plague :|

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chilyn ()

• I don't really want to jump off topic here as I would actually like an answer to my questions, but I find the experience fun for play. For production, make sure you have a good plan for what you need and then cut out anything heavy. The ram and processing speed simply isn't there. I frequently run in to time out errors, Owncloud is too slow to be useful (and it seems BTSync may be too much of a resource hog), and there are sometimes issues with plugins or native installs that you might about on a 32bit minimum system or something with a bit more get up and go like a RaspberryPi -- which is only $35.

That said, it's still plugging away and I am getting closer to making it the web accessible backup/cloud-like server that I want.

Seagate GoFlex Home running Debian Wheezy w/ 3.15kernel | Openmediavault Kralizec | Playing with ownCloud 7 and avoiding mySQL 5.5 like the bloody plague :|

• @ftriscari - I did not fix the problem. I did find, however, that the plugin/service still worked fine as long as I had adequate system resources. My issues were mainly that the GoFlex Home just does not have the power to run BTSync and... anything else.

• It's hard for me to reproduce this issue since curl error 7 just is "Failed to connect() to host or proxy.". The only thing I can think of is that Btsync isn't running or that the API password is wrong or not even set (permission denied).

• Seems the problem is back after updating to the lates version of BTSync (2)?
    Right after upgrading I get:

Code
    Curl failed with error code: 7

Error #0: exception 'Exception' with message 'Curl failed with error code: 7' in /usr/share/php/btsync/Api.php:192 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/btsync/Api.php(91): Btsync\Api->makeCall('get_folder_pref...', Array) #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/btsync.inc(582): Btsync\Api->getFolderPreferences('AHGKTCWI7SKWLEE...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/btsync.inc(361): OMVRpcServiceBtsync->getSharedFolderPreferences(Array, Object(Btsync\Api)) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/btsync.inc(222): OMVRpcServiceBtsync->get(Array, Array) #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBtsync->getList(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Btsync', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #8 {main}

I cannot access the webinterface (just times out) so I cannot accept the EULA either, if that is the problem this time too.

I am hoping someone can help fix this issue. I was at 1.6TB of my 1.9TB sync data. Hopefully I do not have to start over...

• same for me here... fresh install of plugin didn't fix the problem. installation of btsync-plugin seems to be normal and run without errors. when i try to add some folders, error code 7 pops up... btsync-plugin 1.x worked fine.

• I am having the same problem. Updated and then this.

ssh-ed in and checked the status and btsync was not running. When I tried to start it I got this.

Code
    ***@OMV:$ sudo /etc/init.d/btsync start
    Autostarting btsync instance 'openmediavault':Failed to start btsync instance openmediavault - please check the configuration file /etc/btsync/openmediavault.conf ... failed!

Config file looks like this...

I don't know what the config looked like before updating. Really everything was working fine before, is there a way to rollback the plugin?

• I get the same curl error when starting the web interface on both my linux OMV systems. Btsync has been updated to 2.0 so that might be the issue. My linux knowledge is very rusty but I am investigating how to get back to version 1.4 until someone better than me can update the plugin to support 2.0.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read this thread. The plugin won't be updated for 2.0 due to its restrictions.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• well that didn't take long.

I downgraded btsync with apt-get install btsync=1.4.1-1 and my OMV and BTsync are playing nicely again. And no need to configure BTSync again - what a pain that would have been.

I got the version number (1.4.1-1) from apt-cache showpkg btsync

This showed that I had 2.0.0-2 installed and 1.4.1-1 available. And the dependencies looked ok so I just went ahead.

Worked for me but YMMV.

Edit: and now I see your response with the other thread.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!