Failed to mount error on Raid 5

• OMV 0.5
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Failed to mount error on Raid 5

Greetings,

I'm running .5.48 with a usb external hard drive. After the install, I loaded 3x4TB hard drives from my old raid 5 that was also part of OMV. I wiped those drives doing a quick wipe and then built the raid. Now, when I try to mount the raid, i get this:

Error #6000:
      exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '5144add1-94fd-4eff-8c54-23ca6309ec05': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:873
      Stack trace:
      #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
      #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
      #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
      #4 {main}

Also noticed that the OS disk is now mounted as dev/SDD.

I've seen other posts for this but no real solution. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and the fix?

The post was edited 1 time, last by mountaindew ().

• In the error message, you should have another error message above the textfield, we need this too.

Also, you could try 'mount -a' via CLI to force mount the hard disk and see if that works.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • I just thought about mount -a without /dev/md127 in the end, but ok.

Please post the output of cat /proc/mdstat and mdadm --detail /dev/md127

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • As you requested:

cat /proc/mdstat
      Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
      md127 : active raid5 sda[0] sdc[2] sdb[1]
      7814034432 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]

mdadm --detail /dev/md127
      /dev/md127:
      Version : 1.2
      Creation Time : Wed Aug 20 21:42:27 2014
      Raid Level : raid5
      Array Size : 7814034432 (7452.04 GiB 8001.57 GB)
      Used Dev Size : 3907017216 (3726.02 GiB 4000.79 GB)
      Raid Devices : 3
      Total Devices : 3
      Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Fri Aug 22 16:04:04 2014
      State : clean
      Active Devices : 3
      Working Devices : 3
      Failed Devices : 0
      Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
      Chunk Size : 512K

Name : G54Vault:UltraNAS (local to host G54Vault)
      UUID : e712089f:c058a280:52ab67ae:7b6e1f45
      Events : 36

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
      0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
      1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
      2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    • Erm... on what kind of hard drive is your OS installed?

Greetings
      David

• So its a normal 2,5" hdd?

Are you maybe using a custom kernel? I had someone on the IRC just an hour ago who had the exact same problem which we nailed down to a custom kernel which didn't had support for ACL enabled.

Greetings
      David

• Try mkdir /mnt/test101 && mount -t ext4 /dev/md127 /mnt/test101 if it's an ext4 filesystem.

mountaindew wrote:

not smart enough to do that!

Oh its not that hard... about ten commands which are just copy&paste :P

Greetings
      David

• Are you sure its a ext4 filesystem?

Greetings
      David

• fdisk -l /dev/md127

Greetings
      David

• FDISK:

Source Code

1. ​fdisk -l /dev/md127
      2. Disk /dev/md127: 8001.6 GB, 8001571258368 bytes
      3. 2 heads, 4 sectors/track, 1953508608 cylinders
      4. Units = cylinders of 8 * 512 = 4096 bytes
      5. Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
      6. I/O size (minimum/optimal): 524288 bytes / 1048576 bytes
      7. Disk identifier: 0x00000000
      8. Disk /dev/md127 doesn't contain a valid partition table

and BLKID

Source Code

1. ​ blkid
      2. /dev/sdb: UUID="e712089f-c058-a280-52ab-67ae7b6e1f45" LABEL="G54Vault:UltraNAS" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
      3. /dev/sdc: UUID="e712089f-c058-a280-52ab-67ae7b6e1f45" LABEL="G54Vault:UltraNAS" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
      4. /dev/sda: UUID="e712089f-c058-a280-52ab-67ae7b6e1f45" LABEL="G54Vault:UltraNAS" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
      5. /dev/md127: LABEL="UltraNAS" UUID="5144add1-94fd-4eff-8c54-23ca6309ec05" TYPE="ext4"
      6. /dev/sdd1: UUID="b315dd3f-c7f6-435f-9f30-e0c5912cf74e" TYPE="ext4"
      7. /dev/sdd5: UUID="bce1c064-7c8b-4435-95ec-562b64fb08ec" TYPE="swap"
    • It is definitely ext4. Something is damaged though. Did it ask you to force a rewrite? You should say yes.
      omv 4.1.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.16 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.7
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!