My OMV doesn't get an IP in my LAN

• Hi there,

obviously my OMV can't connect (to my LAN) anymore. I run it on a Asus H87I and had a little trouble installing the network drivers - so my guess is that it has something to do with that.
    I restarted it alreday a couple of times with no help :/

Does anybody have any hints for me?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
    fahrer17

Edit:
    I forgot to add that I can't access it in any way, no SSH, no Web GUI. I attached a monitor and as far as I remember the IP is prompted at booting under which it is accessable. Not for me so I added the photos.

• dhclient eth0 && ifclient eth0

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks a lot for your answers, guys!

Zitat

dhclient eth0 && ifclient eth0

dhclient eth0 runs for 1 or 2 minutes with no visible result, ifclient returns an command-unknown-error

Zitat

cat /var/log/syslog

races a million lines over my screen. How can I copy+paste that from a PC under CLI? :/

Zitat

In command line enter:

omv-firstaid

and use the networking option to try get your nic working again.

I will try that in a few minutes.

Edit: Ok, created a new network configuration but with no success
    Edit2: While rebooting these messages occurred. Never seen them before, I think.

• ifclient returns an command-unknown-error

Sorry. Was not thinking clearly ... it is ifconfig eth0 ... but it seems your DHCP server is unreachable. Are you sure your DHCP is working? Are you sure your network connection/cable is fine?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• He needs a module for the e100e. He should do a netinstall of wheezy and then install OMV 1 on top. Then use OMV Extras to upgrade to backports kernel 3.14. Then his nic will work.

A temporary nic pci or pci-e should be install til he gets to kernel 3.14. Not sure what slots are availabe on this board. There is lots of people having this problem. Search forum for "e1000e".

• Judging from his post I would've thought it worked before and 'just' broke.

Greetings
    David

• You're right davidh2k, it worked fine for several weeks. I tried to restart it after my holidays and now I have those problems.

Actually I considered a wheezy and OMV 1 installation when I had problems installing OMV for the very first time because of the e1000e-problem but wasn't sure because of it's ...well... unfinished status.
    Generally I have no problem doing it now but would like to use it as a plan B when there is really no hope in reanimating my actual OMV.

An additional card in my NAS is not so easy since I use a very small case (http://usa.chenbro.com/corpora…oducts_detail.php?sku=224).

davidh2k: The DHCP-server is my router, right? Hm, how can this happen? All other devices work fine (smartphones, laptop, a/v-reciever, TV, xbmc-raspi etc.) - Wlan or LAN, fixed or dynamic IP. Network connection should be fine since it was the last time it ran and then I went on holiday. Surely I will check that when I'm back at home.

Another question: I don't get any email notification or anything when there are new answers to threads I'm subscribed to. All necessary boxes are checked. It worked fine on the old forum - what is my fault here?

• Who is discussing whether it worked or not?? e100e will run native, no messing with modules, on 3.14 kernel. So do you want to mess with old kernel that may have issues with other things besides the nic or do you get on with things? Just do it. Getting really bored with the e1000e issues.

• Of course switching to wheezy may solve the problem, but it seems to me it could be another problem which has nothing to do with the driver. If the module was failing in any way I wouls doubt eth0 would show up on a normal ifconfig.

So either go with tekkbebe and switch to 1.0 which is fine now, tough not officcially released or check that it is not caused by another problem.

Greetings
    David

• Don't ask me how I did it - but everything works fine now... ?(
    I rebooted my router, gave OMV a new fixed IP (or maybe the other way round) - et voilà.
    So no need to install OMV 1 right now ;)
    Though I'm very sure it's a great version!

Thank you for your help and your patience!

Zitat von WastlJ

Have a look here: http://forums.openmediavault.o…php/NotificationSettings/
    You need to change to "Send Mail" or sth like that.

Thank you! I would have never found that option...

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fahrer17 ()

• Hm, but my NAS already had a static IP, I just CHANGED it to a different number! It had one from the very beginning (everything was fine), I changed it "cleaning up" the IPs (not accessible), then I changed it again and restarted the router (now everything is fine again).

All our devices we want to access in our LAN (NAS, PCs, receiver etc.) have static IPs - it makes things much easier! I usually do that on the router (a Vodafone Easybox [yeah, not the best choice, I know ;) But we get a new ISP next year with a much faster connection and hopefully a FritzBox 7490 :) ]).

Zitat

I find that leaving your OMV as DHCP and then creating a static lease on your router is best. That way when you load Clonezilla, or other ISOs, you will always have the same ip.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean, could you please explain that a little more?

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

• Offizieller Beitrag

A lot of routers have a static IP address section. When your OMV box asks the router for an IP address, the router looks at the mac address and if it is in the list, it gives it the specified address every time. So, even though your system is set for dhcp, it will have the same IP no matter what (even if booting another OS on it).

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,
    I have some trouble to boot my OMV, after enabling IPv6 with DHCP. Found this Issue: http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1165
    So it seems, that it gets stuck receiving an IP and I can't access the system. I tried to disconnect the cable to make the system boot up, now it's stuck in the DHCP requests.

Is there any change, I can make it to the login promt without reinstalling the system?

I installed debian wheezy (7.8) with OMV on top of that.
    I'm not confident with linux, so if you have any solution, please write some more details, how to solve it.

Thank you for help!

Regards,
    Ivan

• What about starting a Linux Live Image (anyone you're familiar with) and editing manually your interfaces config file ti IP4? That's what I would try...

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

• A lot of routers have a static IP address section. When your OMV box asks the router for an IP address, the router looks at the mac address and if it is in the list, it gives it the specified address every time. So, even though your system is set for dhcp, it will have the same IP no matter what (even if booting another OS on it).

Just discovered you're answer - thanks for that!

Meanwhile I learned a lot about Debian/Ubuntu servers that I feel almost embarrassed about my question... ;)

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!