How to monitor available space per share on same disk

• Hi,

I am wondering how to monitor the available space on a share?

I am running several shares (SMB, AFP) on the same disk for differents users. Sometime, a user cannot write on his share as the remaining available space is not enough. This brings few questions:
    1/ I have not seen how, from the end user perspective, you can see the remaining space on a given share ? (as you can do on a local disk). At least on Windows 7, I have to check on MacOS.
    2/ on the OMV server side, you can check the space used per disk (see attached picture), but not per share per disk, at least not on my version. Is this available on a more recent one (Sardaukar ? Kralizec ? or a plug ins ?)

In fact, I would like to see what shares are available per disk with the used space per share and the remaining space per disk ?
    This is exactly what I do on a local disk with TreeSizeFree tool (http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free)

Thanks for your help.

My config: an old PC with several SATA and IDE disks with one dedicated for the system. I installed one year ago Omnius 0.3.0.17 then upgraded to fedaykin 0.4.38, with kernel Linux 2.6.32-5-686, motherboard Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+.

• 1: Mount it as network drive under windows and you will see it.
    2: No, not and the core and not via plugin either.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• thx david

1/ I will check tonight. Usually I access my share via Network browsing, without mounting them.
    2/ ok, is there a way to add this on any wish list ?

I think it would be a great improvment for space management: be able to see globally how several disks with several shares of differents type are using the available space.

• 2: request it as a core feature on bugtracker.openmediavault.org or as a third party plugin in the pluin request thread.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!