MySQL-Plugin: Featurerequest - Backup and Restore

• Hi Guys!

As you maybe know, I'd set up a Kodi-Entertainment-Center (aka. XBMC). So I make use of the MySQL-Plugin :thumbup: because I want to get my clients in "cadence".

I know how to backup and restore a MySQL-DB, but I assume, that many users don't know how to do it. Maybe you dev-guys can add a 2-Click-Solution for "Backup my Databases" and "Restore my Databases" for all DB's? I think, that would be helpful. DB's store most of the time important data.

BTW: I prefer Firebird in many cases, because it's easier to backup - I need to backup for example just one file for my DAM-Database. But Firebird is not supported by OMV and Kodi (aka. XBMC) at this time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The simplest way is to add this command to scheduled jobs: mysqldump --user=USERNAME --password=PASSWORD DBNAME > LOCATION/DBNAME.sql

Otherwise, install the anacron plugin and upload this script (change variables) - I run this daily on my system:

I still was thinking of adding functionality like this to the mysql plugin.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Please add it! It can be in a extra tab with "Backup enable/disable" and a anacron job: daily, weekly, monthly
    Maybe this script: http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/

• (...)a anacron job: daily, weekly, monthly

Please no dependencies from other plugins. Maybe optional for two buttons. Not everyone could use cron-backup-jobs. Because you've to look for the space you need.
    That's the upside to Firebird: It's just one file, you can checksum it before backup and decide than. That's (IIRC) not possible on MySQL, because you've to dump the DB first and than you can checksum it.

So for my opinion: Two buttons! ...and maybe optional anacron.

• ryecoaaron, as Dennis says, just a noob here and i am trying to get your script working.
    i modified it to use --all-databases and get a warning that -events must be explicitly included.
    It seems that it only backups the tables and not the data itself.

The main use i have is for the OpenKM document management system.
    I need to be sure i am backing up and can restore the system including data if needed.

also what is the difference with using the anacron and the standard scheduled jobs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!