FTP broken since one of the last updates (OMV 1.0)

• Give me results of this command:

stat /media/6dcbd790-b438-4d22-a3a9-b8ebf938d3fb/ftptest

Also, did you give user you want to read/write to this share privileges read/write? Don't use ACL.

• Ok, I was able to fix the welcome.msg problem by changing:

Code
    <Directory /srv/ftp>
      HideFiles (welcome.msg)
    </Directory>

to

Code
    <Directory />
      HideFiles (welcome.msg)
    </Directory>

Empty folder problem still persists though.

• That looks normal on chmod (privileges = chmod) and you say chown for user is read/write. Does the output in Filezilla look normal when you connect? Can you show me your complete settings in the plugin TAB.

• ???? minus red symbol ??? Can you show. FTP is standard plugin. You setup ProFTP with the plugin yes??? Can you show me Settings page?

PS- I gotta go. Get any info. on here that may be helpful. I have some important things to do for work. I will be back on later tonight.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tekkb ()

• You should have a small port range for passive ports. How many clients will be connecting??? If this is only for you or like 5 people you only need to open like 10 ports. But you still need to follow instructions from my 2nd post in link below. Your connection tracking for the passive ports will now work til you do.

See my 2nd post here. If you are using passive ports you need to do these steps:

http://phpbb.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3205

Otherwise your connection will not move to the passive ports for data transfer.

PS- If you guys follow instructions in the Guide you will have no problems.

• DH is using passive ports. Timmoty, show your settings.

Do a "stat" command on one of your shares too. Like I asked DH. Give results.

• I will post my config later today, as I do not have access to my machine right now.

But...

I've try to delete proftpd.conf file, reconfigure ftp through web-ui, create new share (procedure as described by -DH-) and still same result.

is there a way to 'refresh' completly ftp configuration?

• Same here. Downgraded mod-vroot, reboot, upgrade mod-vroot, restart ftp. Everything works again :)

For all the others, the downgrade command is:

Code
    sudo apt-get install proftpd-mod-vroot=0.9.2-3

Best regards,
    Chris

• Hi Guys,
    I have troubles with the same problem. I tried to downgrade with

Code

but as it seemes I already have this version installed.
    Therefore, I tried with an older version proftpd-mod-vroot=0.9.2-2. After restarting I could not log in to the server. Then I upgraded back to 0.9.2-3. When I log in to the server just can see old folders, which do not exist any more.

Any Ideas?
    br

• Offizieller Beitrag

Great :thumbup:

@votdev Off topic ... I guess it doesn't harm anything but looks weird ...I've noticed that this block shows up twice in proftpd.conf:

Code
    <IfModule mod_ban.c>
      BanEngine off
      BanControlsACLs all allow user root
      BanLog /var/log/proftpd/ban.log
      BanMessage Host %a has been banned
      BanTable /var/run/proftpd/ban.tab
    </ifModule>

Best Regards,
    -DH-

Will be fixed in 1.0.22.

• Hi Guys,
    I have troubles with the same problem. I tried to downgrade with

Code

but as it seemes I already have this version installed.
    Therefore, I tried with an older version proftpd-mod-vroot=0.9.2-2. After restarting I could not log in to the server. Then I upgraded back to 0.9.2-3. When I log in to the server just can see old folders, which do not exist any more.
    br

I had to downgrade to proftpd-mod-vroot 0.9.2-2+b2, then upgrade back to 0.9.2-3, but the shared ftp folders problem is still not fixed, when connecting to the ftp - there is only one empty folder.
    The /srv/ftp folder contains only the welcome.msg file. I tried to install another ftp server but that would uninstall parts of OMV.

root@openmediavault:/tmp# apt-get install vsftpd
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    beep collectd collectd-core cron-apt gdisk ifenslave-2.6 libcap-ng0 libdbi1 libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libfile-copy-recursive-perl libjavascript-minifier-xs-perl libjs-extjs4 libjson-perl liblocale-po-perl
    libossp-uuid16 librrd4 libsnmp-base libsnmp15 lvm2 monit nginx ntfs-3g php-json-schema php5-pam php5-proctitle python3-apt quotatool rrdcached rrdtool samba samba-common samba-common-bin sdparm
    smartmontools snmpd socat tftpd-hpa update-inetd uuid xmlstarlet
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    openmediavault openmediavault-omvextrasorg proftpd-basic proftpd-mod-vroot

So is there no fix for the FTP issue in OMV? At least can proftpd be added as a plugin so we can install another FTP server of our choice? Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The /srv/ftp is a chroot path. There is nothing there if you access by sftp or ssh. You will only see the shares there through FTP.

Can you specify what's your current problem? Can you post the contents of the file /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf please here as spoiler or code embedded

Also ftp is not a plugin is core, you'll have to submit a feature request to separate it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!