FTP broken since one of the last updates (OMV 1.0)

• Hi there,
    I'm running OMV kralizec for a while now and it worked fine until now.

I just realized, that after one of the last updates the shared ftp folders are empty (the ftp program shows the root folders, but they are empty).
    To fix this, I removed all the ftp shares in the settings, did a reboot and removed the folders in /srv/ftp. This directory now only containts the welcome.msg file. When I now re-add the shared folders, the ftp-program again displays only empty folders. Also, there are no folders created in /src/ftp.
    The ftp-program does also display the welcome.msg file. Seems, proftp does not ignore this file anymore.

Any ideas?
    Best regards,
    Chris

• Try again once 1.0.14 is out:

http://sourceforge.net/p/openm…diavault/debian/changelog

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I received the update last night and the problem still persists. I removed all shares, disabled ftp then re-added a share and enabled ftp. I still only get empty folders and the welcome.msg ist still NOT hidden.

Maybe this is an issue because of an older version of mod_vroot? I have version 0.9.2 installed, which is the default on my debian system. When my FTP-client opens one of the shared folders, the following is logged in /var/log/proftpd/vroot.log:

Code
    Sep 03 10:10:25 mod_vroot/0.9.2[10057]: found 1 VRootAlias in directory '/srv/ftp/'
    Sep 03 10:10:25 mod_vroot/0.9.2[10057]: '/srv/ftp/' aliases: [0] MyShare
    Sep 03 10:10:26 mod_vroot/0.9.2[10057]: found 0 VRootAliases in directory '/media/3aab594d-2ca9-4d7e-b32e-09b4f63dc867/MyShare'

Chris

• Please open a bugreport on bugtracker.openmediavault.org

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Received the update last night. The problem is still not fixed. Shall I open a bugreport or is your fix still not rolled out, tekkb?

Greetings,
    Chris

Off topic:
    Please consider using white as background for the tree again. :)

• I apologize. I thought it was fixed. When you see an update for OMV, not a plugin, read the change log before you install. It should not be much longer.

• Hello,

Same problem here: ftp does not work sice update of proftpd (around 28 Sep?).

When we can expect fix for that issue?

It's critial for me, as whole backup procedure is based on ftp at my home set-up.

• The contents of the shared folder is not supposed to show at /srv/ftp/xxx It is working. I added new shared folder and content. It is working perfectly. There seems to be lack of understanding on your part.

• Well, could be my lack of understanding...

What I was trying to do so far:
    (a) remove/add shares in ftp
    (b) disable/enable ftp
    (c) change privilages and ACL on shares for some folders.

...same result: fillezilla on client shows old folder structure regardless what was done in point (a). Folders are empty.

Any idea where should I look to solve the issue?

• My settings are as follows. I removed and added the shares multiple times and also switched off and on the ftp service.

OMV:

Result in FileZilla:

Seems, that proftpd does not read the generated settings file at all, since the welcome.msg file is not hidden.

• Because we are using shared folders which reside on the data disks the data does not appear at /srv/ftp/nameofshared folder. There used to be a line in fstab that mounted the shared folder at the /srv/ftp/nameofsharedfolder on boot so the data would be available there. Volker is using some new method to achieve this.

The welcome message is being generated without a dot "." in front of the welcome.msg. That is why it shows in Filezilla. This can be changed to make it hidden if you do not like it but the clients have no rights to delete it. In your settings I do not see a Welcome Message. If you scroll back through your connection messages you should see that the Welcome Message was listed.

Info.
    from mkconf file:
    OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN=${OMV_PROFTPD_DISPLAYLOGIN:-"/srv/ftp/welcome.msg"}

@timmoty, you do not need ACL. Just use privileges on the shared folder. And if you are using both that is bad.

Did you guys reference this when setting up your FTP Server:

http://phpbb.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3205

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tekkb ()

• What are you guys using for the drop down when you created the shared folder?

I sent message to Volker about making the welcome message file hidden.

• Looks that we are going in the right direction: I've checed what I have in /srv/ftp/ and I see there old names.
    Regardless what I'm doing on 'Shares' tab in ftp (remove/add shared folder) changes are not propagated into /srv/ftp/...which means that it does not change fstab.

What shell I check next?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!