VLAN

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newbie Question - before i start messing around ;)

I need to bind different shares to different VLANs, is this possible with OMV?

Situation:

VLAN 0: AFP Shares
      VLAN 0: SMB Shares
      VLAN 0: NFS Shares

VLAN 1: different AFP Shares
      VLAN 2: different NFS Shares

Background: Central Backup/Sharing server, standing in the LAN. Should also offer some shares to DMZ hosts (on VLAN1 & 2 which are used as internal backup networks for DMZ)

Thanks - Tom
      Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner
      HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner
    • How are your VLANs set up? Which VLANs are on the network port for your OpenMediaVault system? Do you have two/three nics for each VLAN? Are the VLANs the same IP range, or different?

NFS could be bound to different network with the GUI, smb not.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Different IP ranges for each VLAN. There is 1 VLAN for LAN Backup and another VLAN for DMZ Backup. And if possible the GUI bound to another management VLAN.

VLANs planned to be on same NIC/port. If necessary could be moved to another NIC/port ... but i try to avoid that.

So NFS should be fine .... good

SMB i dont care. but AFP would be nice too, have some OSX machines in the DMZ which need AFP for Timemachine backup
      Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner
      HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner
    • tom_tav wrote:

There is 1 VLAN for LAN Backup and another VLAN for DMZ Backup.

Okay, so you want to use one Machine for both VLANs? Okay. ^^

tom_tav wrote:

And if possible the GUI bound to another management VLAN.

Not sure if it would work, but set the default interface to the management VLAN IP Range. See below for howto.

tom_tav wrote:

VLANs planned to be on same NIC/port. If necessary could be moved to another NIC/port ... but i try to avoid that.

You have to try and error how to set it up correctly, note that it may get overwritten by GUI changes.
      wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfigu…nk.29_.28Etch.2C_Lenny.29

tom_tav wrote:

SMB i dont care. but AFP would be nice too, have some OSX machines in the DMZ which need AFP for Timemachine backup

Samba:

samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpa…5.html#BINDINTERFACESONLY
      samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpa…mb.conf.5.html#INTERFACES

AFP:

netatalk.sourceforge.net/3.0/htmldocs/afp.conf.5.html (Network Options)

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Most config files are written in their entirety from information stored in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml by batch files in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/. That is why there are extra options boxes on a lot of plugins.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • It rewrites the config if a change is done within the WebGUI. It will create the config new based on that file:

sourceforge.net/p/openmediavau…iavault/mkconf/interfaces

Maybe someone who has more knowlegde about how it works can tell you how to permanently add custom changes or help to add these features to the WebGUI.

Edit: Aaron was faster.

Greetings
      David