Dealing with one off shows with Plex

• Hi everyone,
    I've been running a few OMV installs in the past few years, the current one being on an old IBM server, with 6 2Tb drives in a RAID 5, with one being a spare. This has allowed me lots of room for our movie and TV series collection, of which I use the Plex plugin for. That all works well.

Here is where I run into issues. I frequently come across one off shows and documentaries that download to watch at a later time. Most of the time, these are shows that I will watch once and delete. I don't really want to take the time to give these shows the correct titling to fit in with Plex. I am looking for a way to do a "slush folder" that I can access from Plex. Right now, I still have Air Video running on my Windows server, just so I can easily and quickly open up the directory that I am keeping these files in and to watch them on the iDevices. Can I do something similar in Plex?
    Thanks,
    Ted

OMV 4.1.0-1 Arrakis running on:
    IBM System x3400 server
    Dual Xeon 5110 1.6Ghz CPUs
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• Why don't you use another share in OMV for the and then in Plex use the Home Video to separate them from the others. You won't have the meta data but it seems you are not concerned about that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why don't you use another share in OMV for the and then in Plex use the Home Video to separate them from the others. You won't have the meta data but it seems you are not concerned about that.

Yup.. that's what I do. I have a "Random Videos" folder.. that has exactly what the OP describes (in addition to some other stuff that I've kept over the years, but I don't watch it regularly)

• I have a similar question. I want to have my VDR recordings anywhere in the Plex environment, but not in the movies folder. Already tried with TV-series which is empty anyway and Home videos. But the recordings didn't show up.

Edit: This morning I saw all entriees, yesterday, even after two hours scanning, I saw nothing. Seems that its not showing up before the folder is scanned completely. Sorry for spam

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!