Cannot delete unknown "N/A" device in filesystem - Missing

• I know that this has been hashed out over and over, but I have not seen a post where the device looks like below.

This is what I see when I go to the file system

Device Label File System Capacity Available Used Mounted Status

n/a n/a ext4 n/a n/a n/a No Missing

/dev/sda1 ext4 442.82GiB 418.03GiB 2.29GiB Yes Online

The delete button turns grey so I cannot delete it. Since this not giving any device info, where do I delete it and what do I look for?

Any help appreciated.

• You have to remove the shared folders on the missing drive first.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Check if you have this filesystem somewhere used under "share folders", "apple filing", "smb". If so, delete it there first, then you can select and delete the drive

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have seen it marked as used when the shared folder is selected for users home folder even though they aren't enabled. Check there.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have seen it marked as used when the shared folder is selected for users home folder even though they aren't enabled. Check there.

Yes, the selection of the shared folder in homes is not deleted if the home folders are disable.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello i believe it happens if you have a plugin enabled and linked to a drive for backup logs etc.., so check your plugins when u find it uninstall the plugin then you can remove the drive, worked for me. then re-install the plugin.

• I'm having a similar issue, except my delete button is not greyed out. It asks me if I want to delete it, and then asks me to confirm again. After I hit yes, the 'missing' file system does not get erased.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!