Help with WebGUI Services Menu Entries

• So a while back, I came across a post that provided information on how to remove items from the OMV WebGUI services menu. It was stated, IIRC, that it was a non-trivial effort to get them re-added, but why would I ever want to re-add one?

Yeah. I want to readd one.

Problem is, I can't find the thread. I've tried searching on every conceivable combination of words that might apply and I can't locate the original thread. Can anyone point me to it? Or perhaps just tell me what needs to be done here? I'm hoping to avoid reinstalling until/unless 1.0 is officially released.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

• How did you remove them? Actually they should reappear on every update. You may try apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault via CLI.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• How did you remove them? Actually they should reappear on every update. You may try apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault via CLI.

Greetings
    David

That would be the problem, I don't remember how I did so. I know that I found instructions for doing so on these forums, but I've been unable to locate them anywhere. There was mention in that thread that it would be somewhat complicated to re-add them, but I didn't think to save the info as I didn't think I'd need it.

I updated to 0.5.57 this morning, and it did not restore the options that were removed. The removal of the options was completed via CLI, I just don't know where the file I edited went to. I should say it's not just the Services section either; I believe I removed a couple of other entries mostly to get things I never used out of the way so that everything I did reference was on one page.

Once I get home this evening I'll give a reinstall a try to see if that corrects it. Thanks!

• Just tried reinstalling via apt-get and did not get any of the entries back.

I'd really like to know how the heck I did it from a curiosity standpoint, but I suspect it really won't matter in about 5 days when Kralizec releases. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!