Can't format my HDD

• Hey again guys,

These days I guess I'm asking a lot.
    Here's another error I got while trying to format the HDD I asked help bout, yesterday.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdf'':
    Erreur #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdf'': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:328 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

Just updated 1.0.17 just before.

• Execute export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdf' via CLI and post the output here.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Just did it, via Putty.

Code
    root@ServeurNas:~# export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdf'

Nothing happened then. No output.

This disk is gonna be a save of my whole files.
    So I would enjoy it to be usable by both OMV and Windows 7.
    Is that possible ?

• No output doesn't mean nothing happened. It actually tells you that the command was executed successfully, if your bash prompt comes back!

So if you try to format the Drive again via Webinterface does it work now?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Execute export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdf' via CLI and post the output here.

I'm just curious: What does this command do?

• It rereads the partition table, see:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_blockdev.htm

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!