Upgrade to 1.0 from 0.4.38?

• Hi I have 2 OMV installations, both running 0.4.38 on Squeeze. I'm very happy with both and have just realised I'm well behind the current version.

I believe 1.0 is just around the corner, and the posts I've seen in the forum seem to indicate I should fresh install 1.0 on Wheezy when it's released. However, I am wondering what the upgrade path would be if I wanted to upgrade in place to 1.0 Stable/Wheezy rather than fresh install. Thanks

• I've got just the same situation.... using 0.4.38 and wanted to upgrade to 1.0.

I also would prefer a clean installation, but what's about my data? I'm using a SW Raid 5 out of OMV and I#m not sure if it would works with a clean installation.....

• Just detach your data disk before you reinstall your OS Disk and your data will be fine. Attach the disks again after installation. You have to configure everything in the GUI again, but your data will be fine.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!