Can the Backup Plugin email a user?

• My workplace is now using the nice bit of software to act as the network accessible storage and to backup the data we have.

For auditing purposes we require a email confirmation that backups are happening.

Could some one explain how to do this please.

Jack

• Offizieller Beitrag

How are you backing up your data?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• For the moment the backups are on the same drive. But will be getting an external drive at a later date once we know we can do what we want with this.

I am using the plugin you can get for automated incremental backups.

For a ISO audits we require evidence that the data is being backed up. So a emails confirming backups have happened will suffice.

Plan is to later on build another machine in another location to act as a off site backup. The firm is very small 5 people. So don't need to go mad.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which plugin? openmediavault-rsnapshot? The rsnapshot send an email after each job if you have email notification setup in the notification tab and logs to its own log which you could show your auditor. I am a Quality Manager and have used the download button in Logs to print out verification of backup.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!