1.0.20 Safari Login

• I get the following problem with OMV 1.x and Safari (on 10.9):

Login Screen
    Enter Username & PWd
    Hit Return or click with mouse on Enter
    Back to empty Login Screen

Restart of Safari doesnt help, opening the Page in Firefox works flawless. Unfortunately .. sometimes it works. Anybody can confirm this behavior?

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

• yup.. same here.. most annoying.. seems you need to bin the cookie and safari works again.. till the next time.. i've been meaning to post about this here.. can't tell you why... this is on 0.5. what-ever the latest it.. I use another browser and its fine..

..muddling my way through linux one bit at a time....

HP N54L - OMV 5.6.20-1 - 8TB + 6TB ICY DOCK - 16GB

Mac Guru 8)8o

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems like this is definitely a Safari on OS X only problem. I thought someone said it works in Safari Incognito mode though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Edited my post to Safari on OS X only :) Works on my iPhone as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've seen that issue with OSX 10.8 and 10.9 with Safari, and since OMV 0.5. Quite annoying actually. Emptying the cache/resetting Safari seems to do the trick. I can't help to think that this is related as to how the session cookie expires.

• OMV 1.0.21 with Safari Version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2) doesnt work (OSX 10.9.4) in normal mode. In Private mode it works (which doesnt help).

Settings:

Block popup windows: On or Off, doesnt matter

Block cookies and other website data: From third parties and advertisers

Tom

----

• Hi,

I have intermittent problems logging onto - and staying logged onto - OMV Kralizec from all three of my iOS browsers (iPad Mini) Mercury, Chrome and Safari.

It seems most reliable to use 'anonymous browsing' mode to get in, but even if I manage to log in I often get thrown out again on clicking a new menu item in OMV.

No problems logging in from my desktop Mac, but I rarely use Safari.

Ian

• As workaround go to safari prefs / privacy / cookie details ... search for the omv cookie (ip ad or hostname), delete it and try again

Worked here for now

Tom

----

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem appears of cookies are allowed, Volker. The issue is hard to replicate, is kind of random (at least for me). But I think I've seen it if I save the UN/PW for the OMV webpage from within Safari. That's when I have to delete the cookies, so that I can log back in. I'll try to replicate by saving the UN/PW again.

• Hello everyone,
    i am using OSX 10.9.5 + Safari 7.1 and am having this same issue many times a day, clearing the cache or more specifically cookies resolves it but it will manifest its self at a random time later in my session.
    obviously i know the trick to get it to work, but does anyone know the reason why it does it or how to make a permanent fix to stop it ?

• To reply to my post above, i have just changed the system, general settings,session timeout to 0 (zero) and it seems to be more well behaved.
    i had already been logged out with the error loop 3 or 4 times this morning but since i changed it no more issues so far.
    i thought i had changed it before but maybe the upgrade to 1.0 changed it back to 5 minutes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!