Strange issue with SMB

• Hello!

Few days ago i've updated my omv 0.2.7 to latest 0.3 beta.
    Everything seems to work fine, exept SMB shares.
    I have some public folders shared, but after update i can't acces some of them. The system asks me a username and password. And I even don't know what username and password I need to provide.
    I didn't change any settings. All shared folders are set to public. But for some reason I can't access some of them.

What can it be and how can I fix this issue?

• I had a similar issue with AFP. To fix it, I had to remove all the SMB, FTP and AFP shares, then remove them from the Shared Folders category.

WARNING!!
    Make sure you pay attention to the prompts!! OMV will prompt if you just want to delete the configuration, or the configuration and its contents.

Once done, simply re-add the shares all over again, and that will do the trick. Remember to set the ACL properties the way you want them.

• Just upgraded to 0.3 and I have the same issues. Really great. -.-

I can't delete the shared folders because they are "in use" - why ever.

Why this steps for an upgrade? What kind of update is this that causes nothing works as before? Sorry but I'm relly annoyed.

I can't delete 3 shared folders and I don't know why. I have renamed the original folders but the shared folders still shows that they are in use. But the don't exist.

• Zitat von "Spy Alelo"

I had a similar issue with AFP. To fix it, I had to remove all the SMB, FTP and AFP shares, then remove them from the Shared Folders category.

WARNING!!
    Make sure you pay attention to the prompts!! OMV will prompt if you just want to delete the configuration, or the configuration and its contents.

Once done, simply re-add the shares all over again, and that will do the trick. Remember to set the ACL properties the way you want them.

Thanks, that helped!

To remove a shared directory you need to disable such services as tottent, afp, daap, ftp. Then it will let you to delete them.

• This is all beta and of course, some things need to be worked out. The introduction of ACL through the GUI is mainly what causes this issue, and is simple to overcome. If the share cannot be deleted, just make sure none of the services are using it. That includes plugins and user paths.

• I upgraded to v0.3 as well and am having a similar issue. I have already deleted the shared directory and recreated it, yet when I try to access with SMB the username/password is not accepted. I am able to access the directory via FTP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT - I was able to resolve the issue by running command ~#smbpasswd -U USER

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!