Disk space / utilisation analyser

• Good morning!

does anyone know of either a plugin / addon or package that will allow me to see / monitor disk space usage (by disk, share and directory) via a web interface.

on the surface this doesnt look like an uncommon request but i cannot seem to find a suitable tool.

I need something that means I dont have to run daisydisk (mac) or foldersizes (win) on the client side.

thanks in advance,

Dan

• Offizieller Beitrag

By disk is already in the OMV web interface: Diagnostics | System Information | Status | Disk Usage

By share and directory, the free space would be the same as the disk they are on. To calculate space used by each would be very slow and has not been implemented. If you are using samba and Windows, you can just right click on the folder and pick Properties to see how many files and space used.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron, appreciate the answer and know that if implemented badly it could be quite slow on big volumes, however,

if i have a scenario whereby one particular share (or many shares) have a high growth folder several levels down the need for some deeper analyis tools becomes apparent,

as i said, at the moment i use folder sizes in windows and daisy disk in mac world clients but this is dreadfully slow given the network link and SMB protocol.

I guess given your response I will have to wait, I just wondered if there was anything on the market that could be run in nginx that could give a graphical topology of the filesystems.

thanks

Dan

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can login via ssh and navigate to the folder. Use du -h to show you usage but you will see it is fairly slow (if there are a lot of files) even when run on the server. It would be easy to make a plugin but nginx/php would probably timeout on large folders with lots of files.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!