OpenMediaVault 1.0 VirtualBox Appliances online

• VirtualBox Appliances for x32 and x64 are now online:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/vm/VirtualBox images/OMV 1.0/

They have the omv-extras.org Plugin added to the cache (so it can be installed under the Plugins section) and also 9 HDDs to play around with.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• but the last VDI I got was root / root

Glad you figured it out. The last one (the one for 0.5) was made by me too and had openmediavault as password, too. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• just a stupid question because im new in VD.....how can i move my existing system witch runs really good to a virtual one ? is there any easy way ?

cheers,
    disk

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• Don't know, if that works, but you can try this:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions…stem-to-a-virtualbox-disk

But make sure, you are running from a live-CD AND you are using the right paths.
    I'm not responsible, iv you loose any of your DATA due to wrong dd-command

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is because you don't have the drivers for the VM installed. Install the guest additions drivers if it is a Windows guest. They are included with most linux distros.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is someone working on an VirtualBox-Appliance with OMV 2.1?

I could use one for testing and documentation in the near future to avoid messing with my live system :rolleyes:

I think i am able to build one myself but my experience with VirtualBox is very limited and I don't want to "invent the wheel twice" (german saying translated)

Greetings, Markus

• I haven't worked on newer versions, you can however update them via the webinterface to the latest 1.x version and then run omv-release-upgrade via CLI to update it to the latest 2.1.

Greetings
    David

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!