Calibre pluigin installation error

• I tried to install calibre plugin to OMV 1.0.21. There were errors at the end of installation. So I tried to uninstall it. There were errors also.
    Now system ask me to apply changer. When I click apply I have following error:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'calibre' stop 2>&1': /etc/init.d/calibre: 36: .: Can't open /etc/calibre-server.conf invoke-rc.d: initscript calibre, action "stop" failed.

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'calibre' stop 2>&1': /etc/init.d/calibre: 36: .: Can't open /etc/calibre-server.confinvoke-rc.d: initscript calibre, action "stop" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:176Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(148): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('stop')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(53): OMVSysVInitScript->stop()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/calibre.inc(113): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleCalibre->stopService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#12 {main}

What I can do now?

regars,

OMV 1.0 on Intel D510MO + Sil3114 + 6xHDD

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like calibre didn't download. Click the Update Calibre button.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did:
    touch /etc/calibre-server.conf
    apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-calibre
    then updated calibre
    and now when I open calibre plugin subpage i have got that error:
    Invalid method parameter: '' does not match '/^[a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12}$/i'

Błąd #2002:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: '' does not match '/^[a-f0-9]{8}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{4}-[a-f0-9]{12}$/i'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:187Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(1159): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{???? "type":"...')#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->getPath(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getPath', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/calibre.inc(164): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'getPath', Array, Array)#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCalibre->getBookList(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getBookList', Array, Array)#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('Calibre', 'getBookList', Array, Array, 1)#9 {main}

This was when calibre plugin was not configured (switched off)

When I wanto to set it up and switch it on and check apply I have got following error:

Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf calibre 2>&1': chown: zmiana właściciela `/media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f/./aquota.group': Operacja niedozwolona chown: zmiana właściciela `/media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f/./aquota.user': Operacja niedozwolona

tranlates: chown change owner .... operation not permitted ... operation not permited

Błąd #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf calibre 2>&1': chown: zmiana właściciela `/media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f/./aquota.group': Operacja niedozwolonachown: zmiana właściciela `/media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f/./aquota.user': Operacja niedozwolona' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/calibre.inc:83Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleCalibre->applyConfig()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#9 {main}

I have configured calibre to use temporary hard drive (previous used with OMV 0.5 and not formated after upgrade to 1.0)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your shared folder in the root of the hard drive?

• Yes:
    /media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f

OK. When I changed calibre shared folder to:
    /media/54164152-a3d3-4480-9329-67034ab1e93f/calibre
    and clicked apply there were no errors. I can login now to web panel.

One more question:
    If all my drives are public should I clean my mess by run chown /chmod commands on /media/* folder?
    If yes what commands?

As always wery big thanks ryecoaaron !!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, you don't need to set permissions from command line. Use the privileges button in the Shared Folder tab.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Is my settings correct:
    read/write to following users/system groups:
    ftp
    nobody
    nogroup
    nut
    sambashare
    owner: root (write/read/execute)
    group: users (write/read/execute)
    others (write/read/execute)
    replace (set) Replace all existing permissions
    recursive (set) Apply permissions to files and subfolders

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you looking at ACLs or Privileges? Don't mess with ACLs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You really shouldn't need to share the calibre data folder with the other services (like samba).

• I understand that - but I am talking now about other folders - just my data, photos ...
    I would not mess calibre folder.
    (works perfect. I imported more than 300 books)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You still shouldn't need ACLs...

• i am not sure how relevant but I got the same error message as in the first post during calibre installation to a fresh reinstalled OMV system. (blank HDs)

I created two folders for books and data and got the test books to the calibre db. Only the server I was not able to start and got the error message when I tried to activate the plugin.

I got it solved by manual creation of calibre-server.conf in /etc by terminal. After that I could start calibre and it works well.

Thank you fot this great software and the many plugins.

Mike

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!