My OMV lose connection to the outside

• Hi!

I have a N54L microserver with two network cards (tp-link TG-3468 and integrated).

Yesterday perform a clean installation OMV 1.0. When you configure DNS cards and I saw that lose connection with the outside occasionally. I try ping http://www.google.com and do not answer. Reboot the computer and it works, reboot again and again not working. I install a plugin and not download.
    I try to install backports and not working. Where is the problem? This problem is random...

All this with the integrated network card

Sorry, my english is very bad :P

• I have the exact same problem. N54L, two network cards, one (integrtated) for LAN, and the other (usb) for the IPTV stream connected to my modem. OMV 0.5

As pikinik says sometimes the connection on towards the internet doesn't work. LAN is fine. And it seems pretty random. I avoid using the web interface for the network config because I need some static routing rules for the iptv. Below is my /etc/network/interfaces

output of ifconfig

Any ideas?

• I have the exact same problem.

Any ideas?

For starters, you have not the exact same problem. pikinik uses static while you use dhcp.

Did you check if your DNS servers are configured correctly?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David,

Well let's just say then that the symptoms are pretty similar. :) Shall I rather open a new topic?

On the OMV web interface primary and secondary dns server are 192.168.0.1 (router) and 8.8.8.8.

If I check /etc/resolv.conf I see:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    nameserver 192.168.0.1

Cheers,
    Akos

• And there you got your problem. Because you set your interfaces manually (which you said a post before) you forget to set your nameservers which now are missing in the resolv.conf file.

So add them to your interfaces section and they should be used in the resolv.conf file.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hi David,

Thanks for the tip. The only manual configuration I did is the static routing rules in /etc/network/interfaces, otherwise they are configured using dhcp. However I added

Code
    interface "eth0" {
        prepend domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8;
    }

to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf

After rebooting, the /etc/resolv.conf looks like this:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 192.168.0.1
    nameserver 10.66.255.245

Don't know where the 10.66.255.245 came from. It still has no internet though.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ping google.com
    PING google.com (173.194.45.35) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- google.com ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 9071ms

And alsoI cannot even ping 8.8.8.8 from OMV, but I can from my desktop. If this was a DNS issue, shouldn't I be able to ping based on IP?

• Check your default gateway, seems like its not the right one.

Greetings
    David

• Code
    root@openmediavault:~# route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
    0.0.0.0         10.0.0.253      0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth1
    0.0.0.0         192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
    10.0.0.0        0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1
    192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ip route
    default via 10.0.0.253 dev eth1
    default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0
    10.0.0.0/24 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.0.0.20
    192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.101

The strange thing is I brought back the server from hibernate tonight and the "nameserver 10.66.255.245" entry is gone from /etc/resolv.conf.
    Right now I can ping google.com with the above routing rules.
    Could it be that the OS is randomly using either of the gateways?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!