Also MySQL Problem with OMV 1.x

• Hello everybody i hope you can help me. :)

I had updated OMV to the newest Version 1.x a few days ago. Since that i having problems with MySQL. First i tried reboot, first aid ala Windows ;D Next I tried to uninstall mysql and install it again. I found under OMV 1.x MySQL will not work some comands like apt-get remove --purge /*paketname*/. Removing was sucsessful, but I tried to install it over the webinterface again and get this error:

everything is up-to-date (apt-get update etc.)

Hopefully you can help me. I cant find any Logfiles... :/

Best Regards
    Eddy

P.S. Sorry about my bad English...

• Since it is already fragged...

dpkg -l | grep mysql

write down all the packages that are installed from the list.
    purge the plugin if it is install: apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mysql
    remove all the packages from the list
    reinstall all the packages from the list
    then reinstall the plugin and enable.

• hello,

i'm on OMV 10.0.21 (fresh install), I made everything what you say above, and now I'm not able to install MySQL 10.0.10 plugin.
    i'm stuck on:

Code
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...

thanks for you support.

The Power of the Power Button!
    OMV 4.x // Hardware: HP N36L Microserver (BIOS mod), 4GB RAM, 2x1TB WD Red + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

OMV 5.x // Hardware: HP Microserver Gen8, 4GB RAM, 2x4TB WD + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

• also, after removing all the packages from the list, these packages are still on the server.

thanks.

OMV 4.x // Hardware: HP N36L Microserver (BIOS mod), 4GB RAM, 2x1TB WD Red + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

OMV 5.x // Hardware: HP Microserver Gen8, 4GB RAM, 2x4TB WD + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

• It's OK, I was able to install the MySQL plugin.

thanks again, your support is awesome.

can I reuse the old database location?

• also, if I change the Bind Address I received:

Code
    root@HPNAS:~# service mysql status
    /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    root@HPN

and I don't know what to do.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hunt3rus ()

• no problem. I can wait.
    even so, your support is great for OMV community.

• thanks HK, I will try tonight when I will be home

i will send you feedback....

• Hi tekkb thanks for answering

i have tried your workaround but it dont works...

after unistall all packages, I have reinstalled everything again

then I go to the Webinterface and tried to install the Plugin...

and now if you go to "Services" and MySQL you got this Error:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/mysql)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mysql.inc:68
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMySQL->getSettings(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('MySql', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I need a MySQL-Server... pls help me! ;)

Big Thanks and best regards!
    Eddy

• No, the same access denied....

and the same error

other idea?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von HK-47 () aus folgendem Grund: Remove password.

• No, the same access denied....

Code
    * snip *

and the same error

Code
    * snip *

other idea?

Hm.. That usually works for the "Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost'" issue. Maybe there's not even any debian-sys-maint user? You could try checking by logging in to MySQL and running SELECT User FROM mysql.user;. Otherwise I would suggest searching for "Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost'" on the search engine of your choice. :) Hope this helps!

Also, I removed the password from your post. Try to avoid posting them in the future for your own good.

• I did:

is something wrong in my typo?

thanks.

• what I don't understand is that I can uninstall/install the MySQL plugin, but if I change something on web interface everything goes wrong with this plugin.

• I used:

Code
    apt-get --purge remove libmysqlclient18:amd64
    apt-get --purge remove mysql-client-5.5
    apt-get --purge remove mysql-common
    apt-get --purge remove mysql-server
    apt-get --purge remove mysql-server-5.5
    apt-get --purge remove mysql-server-core-5.5
    apt-get --purge remove php5-mysqlnd

--------------------------------------
    guys, you are so dedicated.... it is incredible...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hunt3rus ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!