Temperature CPU?

• If I migrated from OMV 0.56 to 1.x, should I first uninstall the previous script with ./install-remove.sh from here before upgrading to OMV 1.x and install the new sensor plugin?

Will all previous temperature data be displayed in the new chart?

• It has been posted in that topic that the script does not work in OMV1.0, so I would run the uninstall part of the script.
    I looked through the script and could not see any mention of the rrd files (used to make the graphs) these should be left intact and so should the old data, you could backup these files just in case but I do not know if the format in these files will change though.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• That normally means there are no rrd files generated, try doing ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-*/ and see if it shows any.

Remember also that not all hardware will work, I had added the ones found so far but you might have something that has not been seen yet. Running the above command will also show if you have something that's not been added.

I plan on adding the CPU Fan option on the next version, I will post when its ready.

Sorry for the delay. The output for the command is:

Code
    danila@openmediavault:~$ ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-*/
    /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-acpitz-virtual-0/:
    temperature-temp1.rrd  temperature-temp2.rrd

/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-coretemp-isa-0000/:
    temperature-temp1.rrd  temperature-temp2.rrd  temperature-temp3.rrd

And sensors command from the console shows me my CPU temp:

OMV 1.0, Pentium G2120 3.1 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, SnapRAID+aufs 3x4Tb Ext4 + 1x1Tb Ext4, boot ssd 32Gb ADATA

• @Darth_Anyan

Make your changes on the plugin page then click save so you get the yellow bar, do not click apply, instead run

sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors sensors

pastes the output here.

• @jhmiller

and also, something strange happened to the Status page:
    nut graphs went missing, "Temperature monitor" tab appeared with sad smiles, and when I click "refresh", I get this:

Code
    Ошибка #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkgraph 2>&1': ERROR: No DS called 'value' in '/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/nut-ups/percent-charge.rrd'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc:65
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRrd->generate(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('generate', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Rrd', 'generate', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

OMV 1.0, Pentium G2120 3.1 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, SnapRAID+aufs 3x4Tb Ext4 + 1x1Tb Ext4, boot ssd 32Gb ADATA

• Try uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it, the command I asked you to run did not show any errors so it should produce the graphs.

• Hello guys, sorry for stupid questions, im total noob in this.

I studied all previous posts before, and I have mismatch in my head from all of that. But I started here.
    Running OMV 1.16 on BananaPi. I installed from testing repository under "testing" openmediavault-sensors, sucesfully installed and found shortcut "sensors" betwenn Rsync and "SMB/CIFS" ... I checked "CPU Temperature - Will monitor CPU Temperature - Working", but I didnt see anything about temperature in "Status" card.

PLease can you tell me what to do ?

When I write "sensors" to SSH, it will blow up somethink like this :

Zitat

root@BanaNAS:~# sensors
    axp20_mfd-i2c-0-34
    Adapter: sunxi-i2c.0
    temp1: +42.6°C (low = -144.7°C, high = +264.8°C)

Please can you tell me what to do, if I want this info in a graph on a status page ?

Sorry for my English, Im form Slovakia.

Thank you for your help. If it is needed, I will donate author of tutorial :) Just write me an email on winky1404@gmail.com" Thanks :)

• openmediavault-sensors (1.0.6)
    Added BananaPi sensor confirmed working by winky1404

• I just installed this version
    http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…o/openmediavault-sensors/
    that's the 1.05 version on a HP Microserver Gen8 (has a lot of sensors) ;)

Happy to see the CPU temp now in a graph (needed a force refresh in my browser (no reboot or restart) after enabling the start of creating a graph)

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• Offizieller Beitrag

A lot of times, you will see two temps - a virtual acpi temp and a coretemp or k10temp. They are usually different. I would trust the coretemp or k10temp more than acpi temp.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just a question.
    where to find the latest plugin?
    My latest issue is that or after a reboot OR after a change in the system the sensors plugin does not work anymore (no generation of new graphs)
    Today I removed sensors at it did not succeed to run after latest update of the kernel and the reboot afterwards

Like to test and would love to keep testing with the latest version.
    Thanks

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• 1.0.5 is the latest version.
    If you changed something in your system then just untick all boxes save/apply then retick and it should adjust to the new system.

@blindguy I will see what can be done about using F instead of C.

• A lot of times, you will see two temps - a virtual acpi temp and a coretemp or k10temp. They are usually different. I would trust the coretemp or k10temp more than acpi temp.

I see that now. Yes I have a k10temp-pci-00c3, fam15h_power-pci-00c4, nouveau-pci-0100, and a nct6776-isa-0290. The k10temp-pci-00c3 seems to match that OMV is reporting.

Thanks for the info!

• I apologize if I missed this, but is there a plan to include drive temperature monitoring in this plugin? Or is there another that already exists with this function?

Oh, and it took my server about 5 minutes before the temp monitor showed up as well, which I read was happening to others on the last page.

• Maybe in the future but for now I would like it to show temps supported by ld-sensors.

• Hello, Please can you provide some good HOWTO or documentation to add more graphs?.

I see my CPU Temp:

but I want to see my Fans.

some info:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!