Temperature CPU?

• @C0mmanda
    The new code looks like it is working as the cpu is reporting the correct temp. The MB should be working as well so I will need to check for typo's :(

Could you post the contents of the file that applies to your settings in the plugin
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/sensors combined cpu & MB
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/mb just MB

@raulfg3
    I am planning to have a main tab (Sensors) with sub tabs. As the code is now it treats system temps as MB temp, this is only because I have not see any HW that has both.

Are you talking about changing the names in the CLI output or in the graphs?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Zitat von jhmiller

I am planning to have a main tab (Sensors) with sub tabs. As the code is now it treats system temps as MB temp, this is only because I have not see any HW that has both

good to know.

Zitat von jhmiller

Are you talking about changing the names in the CLI output or in the graphs?

in the graphs if is possible.

• 1.0.8 give me a error if i actived MB Temperatur & the Speedfans

Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf sensors balls 2>&1': LoadPlugin sensors

CPU Graphs now broken

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; omv-mkgraph 2>&1': ERROR: rrdc_flush (/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/sensors-nct6776*/temperature-temp2.rrd) failed with status -1.
  • Can you disable the fan monitor in the plugin and see if that fixes the issue. Remember to refresh the page before checking, if it does not work, try disabling them all then enable them 1 at a time until it errors, this will be the problem sensor.
    You can then check /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/ it will either be sensors, mb or fan.

If you want paste the contents of all of those files.

@C0mmanda

If you enable the CPU fan does it error for you also?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhmiller ()

• I found the problem: Only the CPU Sensor Monitor is broken now. If i activate it its run into the error. Befor the update it ran without problems.
    However the CPU Fan monitor displays "0". I think it take the wrong CPU Fan with Zero Data because on my MB is FAN 2 the CPU Fan not Fan 1.
    Mainboard Temperatur Monitor is okay.

The CPU Sensor Error said it want take "/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/sensors-nct6776*/temperature-temp2.rrd" - but on my system is it "/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors-coretemp-isa-0000/temperature-temp1.rrd".

• @C0mmanda
    Thanks for trying.

@Wetter
    Could you try uninstalling the plugin (disable all monitors first) then reinstall it and try again.

The CPU Sensor Error said it want take "/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/sensors-nct6776*/temperature-temp2.rrd

This does not look right, it should not have the *, it should have the whole path.
    Your HW is almost the same as C0mmanda's and he reports no problems.

If after re-installing you still get the error keep settings the same and run sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors PM me the out put of this command (saves filling up this topic)

• New update (1.0.9) coming.

Fixed all known issues.
    Added main tab with sub tabs having the graphs
    Custom main and sub tab names, Graph names and Graph labels

It does look a bit cluttered with all the custom options but I have made it so only the custom options for the sensors selected will show. If you can think of better wording then what I have used please feel free to say.

• Something new:

I've assembled a new OMV-System yesterday. Now it's an Intel Celeron (G1840) System on a Gigabyte-Mainboard.

CPU-Temp works fine, but Mainboard-Temp isn't shown up. (Got just the sad grey smileys).
    And another question: In BIOS I can see CPU- and Sys-Fan-Speeds. But sensors isn't recognizing Fan-Speeds.
    Sensors-detect is already done. (twice).
    Any suggestions how to get Fan-Speeds?

My suggestion: Virtual-Device could be Mainboard-Temp, or the Physical id 0. I'm not really sure.... :(

Thanks.

• I do not thinks its the MB, from what I can remember from setting it up the first time is that it is another method of getting the CPU temp, normally a sensor under or near the CPU.

If sensors does not see the sensor then you most likely do not have it on your mb, sorry.

• I am getting

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• Had to refresh the repos, and was able to install sensors 1.0.9

-Mike

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• Do you mean if you change something or the save button does not show, if you changed something what did you change?

• Saving is fixed in the latest version (1.0.10)
    Sorry for the delay.

• Now I think the saving works and the apply shows when saving but when I press the apply it fails with this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf sensors balls 2>&1': LoadPlugin sensors

This is only by enabling the CPU Temparture.

By the way I am running:
    OMV 2.1.1
    Backport kernel 3.16
    Openmediavault-sensors 1.0.10

• If you have issues please run these commands via the shell and post here, I can't help you with out this info

Code
    sensors
    ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*/

With the ls command, make sure it shows the folder above the rrd files as well as the rrd files themselves.

• i run in to the same error cpu temp stop working (mp temp & cpu fan seems fine), disable and de-/reinstall doesnt help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!