Problems setting up FTP

• I'm new to OMV and just installed 1.0.21 yesterday on new hardware.

I have set up a RAID and created a volume. Then I have set up a file system and a shared folder. I have added a user, and granted read/write right (Priveleges, not ACL) for this user to the shared folder. Then set up the FTP.

So my case is: I can successfully connect to the FTP server and view / enter the shared directory, but I am not able to create a directory or upload any files.

STOR test.txt
    550 test.txt: Permission denied.

I tried browsing the forums/tutorials for help and found a guide here http://phpbb.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3205 but this guide does not seem to be updated for OMV 1.0.

Do I need to change the FTP access rights in a config file using SSH, or am I missing something?

• I found the issue.
    When creating a shared folder, I for somewhat reason changed default rights to "users" only having read rights, as I only use an "admin" user for uploading to the FTP folder. When I created a new 'test' folder, when I set both administrators and users to have the read+write rights, it all worked fine. Newbie mistake :)

• Its not like that, you come standard in the /srv/ftp directory in which you can not write by default, you will need to cd first to your share to be able to write.
    I think that we are missing a setting in the GUI to be able to change the root Directory to whatever you want and make that writable.

I did this now in the proftpd.conf file but downside is that if a change anything in the ftp GUI it defaults back to /srv/ftp

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!