upgrade from 0.3.1 to 0.4.x

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "mauromol"

Hi Volker,
    I see there are 0.4 images now available and that a new command (omv-dist-upgrade) has been provided to ease version upgrade.

Does this mean that OMV 0.4.x is now considered "stable" and that Wheezy is now "officially tested" (as you said) for OMV?
    On the other hand, can an OMV version be considered "stable" when based on "testing" Debian?

Thanks in advance,
    Mauro.

I did not do any tests with Wheezy for 0.4 because Squeeze is still the reference platform, but i assume it works because the ARM users are already using it with Wheezy. 0.5 will be still on Squeeze, 0.6 is planned to be on Wheezy. Finally i hope this will be my last comment about this issue.

• Zitat von "votdev"

I did not do any tests with Wheezy for 0.4 because Squeeze is still the reference platform, but i assume it works because the ARM users are already using it with Wheezy. 0.5 will be still on Squeeze, 0.6 is planned to be on Wheezy. Finally i hope this will be my last comment about this issue.

Sorry Volker, I didn't want to annoy you, I just wanted to understand it better. I misunderstood 0.4 was already based on Wheezy, instead I see now it's still based on Squeeze, as well as it will be 0.5. I was also cheated by the fact that the new command to upgrade OMV release was previously called "omv-dist-upgrade", which suggested a distribution upgrade to the upstream Debian distribution too, rather than an update of just the OMV packages.

As I already said, some official statement on the OMV website or on the documentation wiki about these aspects of the OMV release policy would be appreciated and would limit naive questions like mine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!