Cannot resize filesystem on LVM

• Hi,
    I have added two new HDD to my NAS and tried to exted LVM Logical Volume. I did so and LVM shows me correct size of volume.
    But filesystem won`t resize and it still shows size of first hdd added to this logical volume/group. When I try to resize LVM Filesystem by clicking on "Resize" button on "File systems" screen, then I do get following error after confirmation, that I want to resize filesystem. Any idea, what could I do wrong?
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    I also added few screenshots from gui, maybe it will help.
    I am running Kralizec 1.0.22 (updated today).

Code
    Failed to execute command 'resize2fs /dev/mapper/Data-Data': Filesystem at /dev/mapper/Data-Data is mounted on /media/c24984ae-4591-4004-bf3a-34738b737f8f; on-line resizing required old_desc_blocks = 339, new_desc_blocks = 466

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'resize2fs /dev/mapper/Data-Data': Filesystem at /dev/mapper/Data-Data is mounted on /media/c24984ae-4591-4004-bf3a-34738b737f8f; on-line resizing required
    old_desc_blocks = 339, new_desc_blocks = 466' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:657
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->resize(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('resize', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}
  • Grab a gparted live disc or partedmagic disc and boot that up. Resize it there. Probably easier then to unmount your drives to be able to resize the LVM.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi again :)
    So I tried to boot to Gparted Live and started Gparted app ... but I do not understand, what is wrong with my LVM ... I was checking google and this forums for answers, but everyone has on the screenshots displayed their LVM partitions, but I do not see them ...
    All I can do in GParted is, that I can select different HDDs (in top menu or in the dropdown at top right corner) and display details about those discs. I have all my three HDDs from my LVM listed there, but by all of them Gparted just shows, that they are completely "unallocated".
    Is it possible, that I created my LVM wrong way or do you have any idea what could be wrong with my NAS, that I am unable to resize LVM filesystem?
    Thanks for any advice...

• Nope, i had to unmount via CLI as the GUI did not allow to unmount (i got the error above, as no entry was in mntent the GUI doesn't know what to unmount).

To summarize, for some reason, upon clean install, the installation doesn't create the entry in config.xml (maybe it is due to LVM?)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!