openmediavault-pxe first version now available for testing

• For installing images via GUI, do we need a description for each image or does the name of the image alone suffice? The latter is easier to implement.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Jhmiller, ryecoaaron and me are working on the plugin to implement the image/package installer.

I suggest the following layout for a PXE image, exceptions may apply

Distribution/Release/Type/Architecture/

So in example, the Debian Wheezy Netinstall 64 bit looks like this:

debian/wheezy/netinst/x86_64/

The config file should be in the root folder of the tar.gz archive.

A testing image is already available under http://pxe.omv-extras.org/debi…ezy_netinst_x86_64.tar.gz

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't posted any packages yet. Real life and work has been hectic lately. I'm hoping to have some packages ready for this weekend but my time has been limited as of late. Hopefully I'll have something to add to the community soon. Sorry for the delay.

• No problem, I just prepped my debian pxe boots last night so that is taken care off.

Greetings
    David

• Hi David,

After updating the pxe plugin to 1.1 I was getting the following error message when I try to add a new entry. This was before rebooting for the glibc ghost issue.

Code
    Error #2002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: group does not exist, and it is not an optional property.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pxe.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{\n             ...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePxe->setEntry(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setEntry', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('PXE', 'setEntry', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

EDIT: After rebooting to address the glibc ghost issue, this problem went away. I don't think it was related but I did have to reboot to correct the error. It should be noted that after upgrading the plugin a reboot is needed. At least in my case a reboot resolved the issue.

I have some templates I finished. I have made templates for Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Fedora as netinstalls. I added Memtest86+ as a utility since that one is pretty easy. Next I will be looking at Linux Mint and the Debian version of Mint. I'll upload the ones I completed in the next day or so and share the link to download them. I need to go back and make the config match the layout you suggested above since I did mine all custom. :) It's shouldn't take too long.

Thanks!

• We haven't tested upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 yet, maybe the reboot was neccessary... Reading the error message I doubt it had anything to do with glibc.

PS: I tried to contact you via ICQ about the images.. .do you still use that or is there another way where I could talk to you directly?

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Booting tftp root is very slow, 1MB/S in fast ethernet, with nfs is much better.

The live debian rescue iso has some problems, the nfs root has to have the "live" folder in the mounted path, so this worked for me

debian/wheezy/live_rescue/x86_64/live/vmlinuz

initrd=debian/wheezy/live_rescue/x86_64/live/initrd.img boot=live config noswap edd=on nomodeset vga=788 nosplash noprompt netboot=nfs nfsroot=10.10.10.12:/export/tftp/debian/wheezy/live_rescue/x86_64/

Inside live folder was vmlinuz, initrd and the squashfs file

• I'll look into it. Maybe I messed up that while creating the images.

Greetings
    David

• The updated version is already in the testing repo with twenty-nine images already there! Test the hell out of it!

Greetings
    David

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Hello all,

For the following templates, you will need to enable NFS for them to work. See the instructions below.

I will be adding System Rescue CD and Clonezilla shortly. I do not plan to add Parted Magic since it is a purchase/subscription based service. If you would like help creating a PXE template for Parted Magic, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you. I don't want to add the last free version since it is considered out of date. There will also be a slight change to the Gparted template. Once I have uploaded the changes, I will add them here.

Installation of NFS for PXE Templates

Pre-Requirements
    Enable the TFTP plugin.
    Enable the PXE Plugin from OMV-Extras.org.
    Enable the NFS plugin.

In the NFS plugin, select the shares tab. Click "Add" then select folder. Map this to your shared folder used by the PXE plugin. Example: "Shared folder: pxe [on <mystorage>, pxe/]". Next, add the client network. For example: "192.168.1.0/24". Make sure this matches your network. Click Save.

PXE NFS Live Environments
    Download any of the templates mentioned above to start the LiveCD or Live install method. Edit the APPEND section to match your IP ADDRESS and NFS settings under the PXE settings for the downloaded template.

I have already created the correct mappings based on the templates. If you have any problems on the templates mentioned above, please contact me and I will help to resolve your issue.

Thanks!

ShadowZero

ShadowZero -- OMV Fan since 0.3

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• The CentOS and Fedora Net Installs use HTTP. All of these templates currently download the squashfs files from their respective mirrors. See the links below to match your closest mirror for each distro. I will refresh these templates later to include the squashfs file.

This includes the following templates:

Installation of HTTP for PXE Templates

Pre-Requirements
    Enable the TFTP plugin.
    Enable the PXE Plugin from OMV-Extras.org.
    Enable the nginx plugin from OMV Extras.org. (coming soon)

PXE HTTP Live Environments
    Download any of the templates mentioned above to start the LiveCD or Live install method. Edit the APPEND section to match your IP ADDRESS and HTTP settings under the PXE settings for the downloaded template.

For CentOS:
    Please visit http://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/ to find a download mirror closer to you. Edit the APPEND "method=" option
    and replace http://mirror.centos.org with your desired mirror.

For RedHat:
    Please visit https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/ to find a download mirror closer to you. Edit the APPEND "method=" option
    and replace http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/ with your desired mirror.

I have already created the correct mappings based on the templates. If you have any problems on the templates mentioned above, please contact me and I will help to resolve your issue.

Thanks!

ShadowZero

ShadowZero -- OMV Fan since 0.3

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use this line to boot Fedora 21 installer

initrd=fedora/21/netinst/x86_64/initrd.img inst.repo=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/21/Server/x86_64/os/ ks=http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/plain/fedora-install-workstation.ks?h=f21 ip=dhcp

If you replace inst.repo for inst.stage2 it will restrict only to Fedora Server

• I do not plan to add Parted Magic since it is a purchase/subscription based service.

I don't want to add the last free version since it is considered out of date.

That ISO is a year old. I wouldn't mind adding it to the PXE repo. ;)

gparted works with TFTP over here, and I wouldn't say it is that slow.

Code
    LABEL GParted Live x32
     KERNEL gparted32/vmlinuz
     APPEND initrd=gparted32/initrd.img boot=live config union aufs noswap noprompt vga=788 fetch=tftp://_REPLACE_ME_/gparted32/filesystem.squashfs

• I just installed the updated version from testing repo, but the ubuntu images are not listed. I haven't installed any version before. How can I updated the list to get the ubuntu images as well?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The drop down was limited to 25 entries because of a cut&paste error. Fixed in 1.2 in repo now.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!