Problem in latest update with btext-charwidth-perl

• Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem in latest update with btext-charwidth-perl

My last update failed , and I dop not know how to restore.

I see:
      forum.openmediavault.org/index…3c8a5a459ff5f350354a25fa6

and finally I have two tabs with same information one named "support info" ,with several buttons like "send" and one with same info but without buttons named "Informe"

Perhaps "informe" and "support info" are the sama tab but one traslated to spanish and other not traslated?

Reading package lists...
      Building dependency tree...
      Reading state information...
      The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libtext-charwidth-perl
      0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      1 not fully installed or removed.
      Need to get 0 B/11.2 kB of archives.
      After this operation, 74.8 kB of additional disk space will be used.
      WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      libtext-charwidth-perl
      Authentication warning overridden.
      dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 7660 package 'libcap-ng0':
      missing description
      dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9725 package 'libtext-charwidth-perl':
      missing version

more info when I push send button:

Source Code

1. tr: error de escritura: Tubería rota
      2. tr: error de escritura
      3. ATTENTION - Your system info will be provided to the OpenMediaVault forum moderators - forums.openmediavault.org.
      4. your log ID is: 9XjQIY4d, please refer to this log ID in your posts.
      5. Creating sysinfo file...
      6. dpkg-query: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 7660 package 'libcap-ng0':
      7. missing description
      8. dpkg-query: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9725 package 'libtext-charwidth-perl':
      9. missing version
      10. run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/sysinfo/modules.d/00-omv-version exited with return code 2
      11. dpkg-query: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 7660 package 'libcap-ng0':
      12. missing description
      13. dpkg-query: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9725 package 'libtext-charwidth-perl':
      14. missing version
      15. dpkg-query: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 7660 package 'libcap-ng0':
      16. missing description
      17. dpkg-query: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9725 package 'libtext-charwidth-perl':
      18. missing version
      Display All
      Images
      • apt-get mal.jpg

48.92 kB, 536×300, viewed 317 times
      OMV 3.0.88 x64 on a HP T510, 8GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • omv-extras installs the Support Info tab. OMV includes the Report tab. Support Info allows you to send moderators system info to help fix problems. There are also two styles and style #1 has selectable modules. With all the modules selected, Style #1 is the same information as the Report tab.
      omv 4.0.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks, for my point of view one of the tab is not neccsary , I vote to eliminate "informe", please consider that is a redundant info/tab.

PD: What about my error , how to resolve "dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9725 package 'libtext-charwidth-perl':
      missing version"

there are some way to clean apt-get ?
      OMV 3.0.88 x64 on a HP T510, 8GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • The Support Info tab was included with omv-extras before the Report (informe) tab was included with OMV. We (mods) need the send button and the second style. So, I'm not going to remove the tab from omv-extras and I can't remove the report tab from OMV (only Volker can). I don't see why it is a big deal though. Just don't use the other tab. Some people like the Report tab if they don't have omv-extras installed.

What is the output of:
      dpkg -l | grep libcap
      dpkg -l | grep libtext-charwidth
      omv 4.0.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Ok, thanks for help me with error.

root@RNAS:~# dpkg -l | grep libcap
      dpkg-query: aviso: al analizar el fichero `/var/lib/dpkg/status' cerca de la línea 7660 paquete 'libcap-ng0':
      falta description
      ii libcap-ng0 0.6.6-2 amd64
      ii libcap2:amd64 1:2.22-1.2 amd64 support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
      root@RNAS:~#

root@RNAS:~# dpkg -l | grep libtext-charwidth
      dpkg-query: aviso: al analizar el fichero `/var/lib/dpkg/status' cerca de la línea 7660 paquete 'libcap-ng0':
      falta description
      ii libtext-charwidth-perl 0.04-7+b1 amd64 get display widths of characters on the terminal
      root@RNAS:~#

• Finally I do a new reinstall on a new HD, I suspect that my boot HD have problems ( do not have pending sectors, but have a lot or read errors), and I have OMV live for 3 days whitout new problems.