Problems when creating Shared Folder for Aufs

• Hello,

im very new to OMV and tried today to install OMV 1.0 with Snapraid and Aufs.

Unfortunatelly im having a problem in creating the necessary shared folders.

I was following http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…d=guide-aufs-and-snapraid this guide and got stuck when creating the shared folders.

Is there any trick in order to create shared folders with the same names ?

I always receive the following error message: The configuration object is not unique: A shared folder with the given name already exists

I would be very happy if someone could help to solve my problem.

br

Fritz

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like you are trying to create two poolshare shared folders? You can name them anything. Just can't be the same name or same location as another shared folder.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried to create on every hard disk a shared folder called poolshare, like it's written in the Guide.

Or have i missunderstood something ?

"aufs setup:
    Create a shared folder for each drive - d1, d2, d3.
    Create a shared folder on any drive called poolshare.
    Set the bind share as poolshare."

Software:
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

It says create a poolshare shared folder on ANY drive not EVERY drive :) So, just create it on one drive because it doesn't matter which drive it is on.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Uh...im so sorry....im not so familiar with the english language ;(

Found this fred here http://phpbb.openmediavault.or…pic.php?f=3&t=3953#p32961 and now i understood how to create the poolshare etc.

Thank you for your answer and your patience

br

Fritz

Software:
    Hardware:

• Hi, I have a similar problem. I had created a share(ftp) with the name "Filme" , then i deleted it, becouse I decided to add some folders. Now I can't add a new share with the name "Filme" although i deleted the old one. Is there a way to delete the share permanently or completely, becouse in the selection list the deleted share is still there?!

The deleted share still exists in the selection list

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!