Server says drive is missing "n/a" after removing failing drive

• Hi guys!
    OK! made a booboo...I had a problem with a drive so I turned off the computer and tested it and found it was failing, so I removed it.
    When ever I start the server now it keeps saying a drive missing "n/a". Is there away to remove this information?

bookie56

• Always the hard way... What all were you using on the drive??? Do you remember?

I would start with /etc/fstab
    If you know what filesystem (UUID) it was you will find the line that mounts it in fstab. Remove that line.
    Also, the fstab section in the config.xml that contains that drive. You need to remove that section in /etc/openmediavault/onfig.xml

If you remember what services were used on the drive this would be helpful.

PS- Do this before you mess with the config.xml
    cd /etc/openmediavault
    cp config.xml config.bk

• Hi again!
    Well, that is strange...not finding any listing for it in fstab....just the drives in use now?

Looking at the config.xml file...not good with code...lol I can see:

<Shares>
    <!--
    <shared folder>
    bla,bla

All this is in orange...then I come to
    <shared folder> )with my current drives listed in blue)

I am wondering if all the info in orange needs removing?

• I've never seen color while looking at the config.xml. Are you in command line? Did you add color option to .bashrc?

Anyway, whatever services you used on the old drive you need to check appropriate sections in the config.xml.
    Any references to the old drive need to be removed. Be careful. Look at formatting of other examples in the
    sections, if there are some. Make sure what you delete from a section is the complete entry that you might find
    for another drive.
    In the fstab section of the config xml each filesystems begin with "<mntent> and ends with </mntent>" so those 2 mntent's and everthing between would need to be deleted. Shared folders work similarly. Just take your time and be careful. If you mess up can you copy your backup back to the config.xml.

• Hi tekkb!

No I didn't set colour but have the computer connected to a monitor and could login as root and I opened the file via nano nd evererything that seems OK is i blue and then the entry with the "!" in red...

Thanks for your time and help on this...I am a Little pushed at the moment and will check the config.xml file carefully when I have a mo....

I will post later the result

Thanks again!

bookie56

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!