​Unrecoverable media errors when resetting SnapRaid after Upgrade

• Hi,

I'm still in the process of finalizing my update to OMV 1.0.23. Now, I'm trying to set up Snapraid again. Problem is that I don't remember what name I gave the parity drive in snapraid. So I just called it "parity". I am now running an snapraid check and am getting "unrecoverable media" errors. It will take another 2 hours to complete. Should I stop it and if so how? And then, how to I correct my mistake?

Thanks in advance for your help.

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• I hope you got a backup of your snapraid.conf :|
    Did you have a HDD-Crash or are all HDDs well working?
    Crash:
    you have to re-add the drives and the parity-HDD with the right names

No Crash:
    Just setup SnapRAID, add a Parity and yor Data-Drives and run snapraid sync. This will take a long time (again), but then your data is save.

• Actually my drive should be fine. So I am going with your *no crash* procedure. But I get this:

So should I run the snapraid --force-full sync command from CLI? Do I have to enter just that or anything before that?

Does it matter that my two data drives are pooled using aufs? Raumzeifalte is a pool made out of the two drivers wdrbetty and wdratlan.

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• You can run the command, if you had added the drives before in snapraid.
    I get the same warning about the mount point. I'm using pooling too.

BTW: my drives are Alma, Berta, Celin, ...

• I'm only reasonably sure about which drive was the parity drive. It there anyway to find out for sure?

EDIT: I briefly looked at the the output of "status" in Snapraid and got this:

Aparently some sync job is running, although i didn't start the forced one from CLI. What is this about?

EDIT2: I just started the snyc through CLI as suggested. Everything seems to be running fine.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TiredHornet ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!